Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a rider of standard & cruiser bikes, and under 150cc scooters who wants to enter the world of midi/maxi scooters under 400cc. On Sept 1st on a whim I bought an '05 Yamaha Majesty from a bad owner (intervention/puppy rescue?), worked over or changed all the fluids,filters, brakes etc and started to drive it around. No too bad acceleration but the highway manners were amazing and I loved the underseat storage as well. Fast forward a couple of hundred kms to Sept 3rd and both my new toy and I were laying broken in the street...victims of a DRIVER'S TRAINING car that came out of a side street and t-boned me! I think the only reason I still have a right leg is because of the scooter style body! The scoot is a write off so now I have to start looking for another bike and I think I found it, a 2012 ABS Burgman 400. I'm wondering if the price is in or out of the ballpark, it was bought and returned to the same dealer (for a 650 Burgman), has 5XXX kms, hand guards, factory heated grips and 8 months warranty all for $5500 otd. I'm kind of trapped in a one horse race since I want a bike with ABS. Even though brakes were not a factor in my accident I have woken up to the fact of my mortality and want to lessen chances for future accidents. So is this price good? I have not looked at these before but am completely blown away with the youtube videos and extent of forum help available for this bike, as much or even more help than what is available for the Stroms! Thanks for any feedback!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
May I be the first to say Welcome. As it still has factory warranty $5500 doesn't sound too bad. I bought my 07 that had only 500 miles & 10 months of warranty back in 08 for $5,000 otd. I can tell you that the 400 is a very good scooter & will do just about anything you could ask of it.
There are quite a few riders on this forum that have put way more miles on a 400 then I have. So ask any questions you have a I know we have your answers.;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I concur with Desert Rat - that price sounds fair to me for a practically new scoot. I have an 2011 with ABS and would not part with that feature after encountering some deer in the road on a bright sunny day. She stopped on a dime with absolutely no loss of traction.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, one thing about the price is that being from Canada everything is at least 20% higher!

·
Premium Member
8,338 Posts
Thanks for the responses, one thing about the price is that being from Canada everything is at least 20% higher!

well,,,,,,, Just tell them yer frum jawja and make em take twenny percent off :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I had to look at that posting sideways and speak it out loud to understand what Jawja was...two countries separated by the same language! Just got some good news today, the Majesty that I bought for $1700 and owned for three days was bought out by the insurance company for $3300:happy7: With that kind of return maybe I should make a career out of this.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That is great news!!!! Extra $ to roll into your new bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts