Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Dave here from The Dallas/Fort Worth Area in Texas. I just purchased a 2005 AN650. Rode last night for the first time and it was a blast compared to many other bikes I have owned.

I am hoping to find a Burgman club or organization in the area. Bought the bike with a leap of faith. Couldn't ride it or barely start it when I looked at it. Owner made lots of great claims but I had nothing to go on except their word. Anyway... I put a new battery in it and it fired right up and runs great!

Looking forward to learning more.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you may have got a good deal.

·
Premium Member
18,858 Posts
Now you will find that a burgman can't hold a straight course, you get on to go check the mail an end up at the ice cream shop, the hardware store, (maybe the Kitty Kat Klub) etc, an the bike is a huge chick magnet!!! Don't tell your wife and girlfriend.
do a search on seat/ trunk release, you may never need it but if you do it'll save you sayin a few bad words

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
There are a few Burgman riders in the area but no Burgman clubs or organizations that I know of.

·
Registered
2006 Burgman 400 - Silver - 8600 miles - and climbing !
200 Posts
Hello everyone, Dave here from The Dallas/Fort Worth Area in Texas. I just purchased a 2005 AN650. Rode last night for the first time and it was a blast compared to many other bikes I have owned.

I am hoping to find a Burgman club or organization in the area. Bought the bike with a leap of faith. Couldn't ride it or barely start it when I looked at it. Owner made lots of great claims but I had nothing to go on except their word. Anyway... I put a new battery in it and it fired right up and runs great!

Looking forward to learning more.
Wow Dave, David here in East Texas, roughly Nacogdoches / Lufkin area.

Think Tyler but 90m SE.

Almost, LA

We're around 210 miles from you.

Good deal on your AN650 !

I got a similar deal, $2000 for a 2006 AN400, 8500 so low miles but some major neglect.

Nothing that can't be overcome mind you.

Check ✔ your air filters, both engine & CVT is all I can say.

You MAY have a pleated paper engine filter.

Or Oiled foam as mine is, and it was totally a goner.

As in 80% disintegrated.

So unbeknownst to me, my first 250 miles
(& the 1,000 prior owner rode) were 'Sans Filtro'.

No bueno for engine health !

Due to that I dropped the oil and it was darker than should be for that reason no doubt.

So spent the last week going thru ALL the maintenance checks listed in the manual.

Funnest part by far is pulling the Tupperware covers !

I enjoyed it so much, in fact, I'm going to do it monthly for the sheer fun of it !

N O T

Let us know how it all checks out.

If I get the urge to ride over & past DFW I'll ✔ in with you via PM

Cheers - David in East Texas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow Dave, David here in East Texas, roughly Nacogdoches / Lufkin area.

Think Tyler but 90m SE.

Almost, LA

We're around 210 miles from you.

Good deal on your AN650 !

I got a similar deal, $2000 for a 2006 AN400, 8500 so low miles but some major neglect.

Nothing that can't be overcome mind you.

Check ✔ your air filters, both engine & CVT is all I can say.

You MAY have a pleated paper engine filter.

Or Oiled foam as mine is, and it was totally a goner.

As in 80% disintegrated.

So unbeknownst to me, my first 250 miles
(& the 1,000 prior owner rode) were 'Sans Filtro'.

No bueno for engine health !

Due to that I dropped the oil and it was darker than should be for that reason no doubt.

So spent the last week going thru ALL the maintenance checks listed in the manual.

Funnest part by far is pulling the Tupperware covers !

I enjoyed it so much, in fact, I'm going to do it monthly for the sheer fun of it !

N O T

Let us know how it all checks out.

If I get the urge to ride over & past DFW I'll ✔ in with you via PM

Cheers - David in East Texas
Hey David,

Nice, Yes you are not that far away. Thanks fro the advice on the filters. I need an owners manual. Ebay wants $40 for one. Any idea where I can find one?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes look up the website (removed) and locate the one file for your 05 AN650.

Then you can download to PC and print a copy.

I did that first off.

It'll save you $40.

If you wanna have Kinkos or Office Depot print & bind one that's a plan too.

These are 400 page manuals that cover EVERYTHING...

·
Premium Member
18,858 Posts
Yes look up the website (removed) and locate the one file for your 05 AN650.

Then you can download to PC and print a copy.

I did that first off.

It'll save you $40.

If you wanna have Kinkos or Office Depot print & bind one that's a plan too.

These are 400 page manuals that cover EVERYTHING...
owners manual aren't quite 400 pages however I would strongly recommend getting both an owners/ users manual and a service manual and reading both! I repeat my self but, even if you don't turn a single wrench ever and don't even inflate your own tires, knowing the bike can save you money, and a service manual and owners manual WILL stop an unscruperloeus uh shady , stealershop from chargin you for blinker fluid and oil pump lube

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Guys, please remember that the rule about not encouraging people to break laws extends to breaking copyright law.
The site cannot be seen to be hosting links to pirated material. If the links can be shown to have copyright licence they will be reinstated.

As far as I’m aware the only licensed source is Genuine Suzuki Manuals

·
Registered
200 Posts
Guys, please remember that the rule about not encouraging people to break laws extends to breaking copyright law.
The site cannot be seen to be hosting links to pirated material. If the links can be shown to have copyright licence they will be reinstated.

As far as I’m aware the only licensed source is Genuine Suzuki Manuals
So I looked at this source and still didn't see an actual "Owners Manual 2006 AN400".

Did I miss it ?

See screenshot that's what I see -
Blue Font Screenshot Parallel Number
None listed right ?

No clue what M/C Identification Guide is.
Promotional material like brochures ?

TY - David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts