Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How you doing folks!

New member here, and today I just picked up a 2008 AN400 with only 1570 miles.

Very excited about the bike ... Put about 4 miles on it just in my neighborhood. Registration happens on Monday.

Before anyone says ... First thing I looked at was the fuel tank. Was very surprised to find it spotless. It was stored in an environmentally controlled area. Still going through it, but this thing is amazing ... Well cared for while it was in storage.

Looking forward to perusing the posts and learning all I can. Can't wait for Monday to get this thing on the road.

Larrys1.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,482 Posts
welcome, do some searchin on windscreens you may experience discomfort at speed with helmet buffet etc, with the oem screen. Basically I had a better ride when my screen stayed home and I rode without, until I got a replacement,(givi or clearview seem to be the general favorites) Btw, I had a blue/sparkly black and a red 08 400, they were both the fastest colors.

Reactions: Larrys4227

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome, do some searchin on windscreens you may experience discomfort at speed with helmet buffet etc, with the oem screen. Basically I had a better ride when my screen stayed home and I rode without, until I got a replacement,(givi or clearview seem to be the general favorites) Btw, I had a blue/sparkly black and a red 08 400, they were both the fastest colors.
Thanks Mike. I have read some posts about the windscreen and buffeting. I've had it up to 40mph in my neighborhood, which is 15 above posted, and it hasn't seemed too bad. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to really get a feel for it. There are alot reasons I searched out a Burgman ... One of them being a windscreen. I have some neck issues and need to keep the full force off of me.

RED has always been the fastest color .. 😉

·
Premium Member
10,482 Posts
also investigate the x-creen, it will deflect the air over your helmet,,,,, cuz,,, you WILL be wearing one,,,,,,,Right???? i have one, really like it. takes a little monkeying with to set and tilt it to your optimum, but well worth the time .

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
As I see the two posts above, I see nothing wrong. What is the issue?
I could have sworn the original date posted was like 29 days ago with no comments. Now it's a few hours. Weird. You can delete my post if you like..........and welcome Larry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'm excited so had to post. After replacing the plug, and doing the oil change yesterday, I made it to the DMV this morning to get it registered. Everything went smoothly ... There was a power of attorney involved.

Put a total of 37 miles on it today ... It's now officially over 1600 total miles.

I am thrilled. I am ecstatic. I feel like a little kid (I'm 59) with this stupid grin on my face. Light and nimble with plenty of power. No freeway riding, but plenty around 50mph with a burst or two to 70. It's running smoother as I run some non ethanol gas through it. So far, buffeting has bothered me in the least. I'm 5'10" and sitting very comfortable.

My last bike over 10 years ago was a VTX1800. The last thing I wanted was a heavy/overpowered bike. I'm over the moon with my choice ... I'm gonna like this bike. It seems the best 2300.00 I've spent in a long time.

Just wanted to share 😃😊

·
Administrator
18,931 Posts
:)

Now the downer...
Keep in mind that the speedo is about 9-10% under reporting. If you get to 70 MPH on the speedo, in true life you are doing about 63.6 MPH. This is common.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know. To be honest, I've been paying more attention to the tach gauge and seeing how it reacts to inputs. Also the rpm of a given speed. If I remember right, 50mph cruising is about 5200rpm. I expect someday the CVT will start slipping and would imagine that RPM changes will show it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
CVT not likely to slip but as the belt and rollers wear the RPMs will gradually creep up. Typical with stock set-up at highway speed is 6000 at 60, 7000 at 70, etc

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have those same grips which were on the bike when I bought it. I didn't really like the "Harley" vibe so was going to replace with Oxford heated grips. But I discovered they were very comfortable, got attached and decided to keep them.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Got the Kuryakyn grips on tonight. My hands should be happier 😊
Have the Kuryakyn Iso grips on both Burgmans. Added the Kuryakyn Throttle Boss on the 650 and a BrakeAway to the 400. If you want a BrakeAWay cruise (throttle lock), you'll need the 7CP04, It will fit over the grip, it's tight, but it will fit after some persuasion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have the Kuryakyn Iso grips on both Burgmans. Added the Kuryakyn Throttle Boss on the 650 and a BrakeAway to the 400. If you want a BrakeAWay cruise (throttle lock), you'll need the 7CP04, It will fit over the grip, it's tight, but it will fit after some persuasion.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on a great find. Nice looking '08, I had one same color, loved it. If the tires are original equipment you might want to consider replacing them. I don't trust tires over ten years old regardless of their appearance. Putzing around the neighborhood is one thing, but 75 MPH on the Interstate would worry me. I swapped my red '08 with 12K miles for a black one with 1,700 two years ago. As to riding in crosswinds come to Montana and ride along the Rocky Mountain Front on I-15. Whooee! You will learn to do it or end up in the median or the ditch. Been riding motor powered two wheel vehicles for 70 years now. Just celebrated my 83rd birthday yesterday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts