Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the Fireworks begin --- new Burgman 2004 AN400 (Silver) here. Taking delivery of it this week.

Thank you very much to all the posters on this board as without all your helpful messages I would never have bought the bike. Here’s my story:

Turned 55 this year and have never had a bike in my life. The only time I have ever been on a bike was about 15-20 years ago when visiting my brother on the farm. He had two bikes, a Honda 50cc & a 100cc (I think), that his kids rode and I rode them about a dozen times.

Now to today. Late January or early February this year I fell asleep with the TV on. Sometime during the middle of the night I woke up, realized the TV was still on and started to look for the remote to shut it off. Some guy on the TV is saying “this motorcycle which we just tested is a great bike and anyone who wants a bike that’s easy to ride and nothing but fun to ride should buy one of these”. Then he went on to say what it was (all I remember was a Suzuki Burg something) and then I found the remote and clicked the TV off.

About a week later I got on the internet and found the Suzuki site and spent some time before I figured out the Suzuki Burg thing he was talking about was the BURGMAN. Further internet searching led me to this site. For over two months I’ve read the messages on this board and you folks have convinced me to take the plunge and get my own.

Initially I was thinking of buying the 650, however, after a month or so of thinking that way I realized that I had no plans of trying to go 125 mph on a bike (I have never gone that fast in a car and I don’t plan on trying to do so on a motorbike), I live on the prairies and there’s no mountains anywhere near here and very rarely will I be carrying a passenger plus a great deal of my riding will be in and around the city. Realizing that I started to focus on the 400 and I am thrilled that the local dealer had one in stock; in fact he also had a ’05 400S and a ’05 650. I bought the 2004 400 as I was able to save close to $1000 as compared to buying a 2005 model.

Thursday I wrote my test so I now have my motorcycle endorsement license and yesterday I bought myself a helmet --- a silver HJC CL-Max. I have enrolled in a motorcycle training course but have to wait until June 9-12 to take that. Although I will be taking delivery of my 400 this week I plan on using it very little before taking the training course --- heh, I’ve waited 55 years so I guess I can wait another 5 weeks or so.

Again, thanks to all the members of this site for all the great information and for giving me the confidence to go out and get myself the best motorcycle I could possibly buy.

Fireworks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Fireworks! Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

It sounds like you got the ideal bike for your needs and intentions.

Be careful, though. I see you got silver, and everyone knows the silver Burgmans (even the 400s) are the fastest. :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Fireworks. Glad to have you join us. Always happy to have our 'lurkers' join in and become active members. I don't think you'll be the least bit disappointed in the 400. It's a great bike.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Also welcome to the 2 wheeled world. The 400 is a perfect first bike.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome!
I'm also pretty new to these forums, lurked a while, posted and am picking up my 2003 silver 400 this week. I went through the safety course this weekend and I recommend you wait as well. Primarily because they will get you started with good habits rather than you developing habits you may have to break. So much easier and less confusing that way!
I used to ride but it's been about 15 years since I had a Honda 450 and also had a small (razz riva) scooter for a few years (about 7 years ago or so). I'm looking forward to getting back on two wheels! :D
Taking written test today (riding test waived because of safety course) and flying to Florida Thursday morning! Will need lots of folks crossing their fingers up around jacksonville/Tallahassee area for NO RAIN Thursday! ;)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good going, works (or do you prefer Fire?)!

The 400 is a great choice. I will be considering it for my next ride as well. Best of luck to ya!

Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The 400 is a great ride. Enjoy. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your "welcomes"

Thanks to all for your "welcomes".

Steve, "works" works just fine! I was reading other posts tonight and just learned of your accident and want to say I'm so glad that you came through that like you did. Here's wishing you all the best in your upcoming tests :thumbup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome to the Form, I don’t recall any other members from Saskatchewan, maybe you are the first one. You will enjoy the 400, it’s a great bike. I just traded my 2004 - 400 in on a 650 Executive. I racked up 11,500 km (7,115 miles) in the 7 months I had the 400.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
I think fireworks are great!

WELCOME! :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts