Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Premium Member
Welcome, you can clean all your Wood, Plastic and Windscreen with Lemon Pledge Furniture Polish.馃槂
Really I鈥檓 not kidding.

Reactions: aa_altieri

Premium Member
Isn't there some caveat to the pledge thing on plastic where you can't use spray can becaues propellant will cloud the plastic?

Premium Member
Btw welcome, I have a daughter living in Holiday, kinda close by. 400 is a great bike for that area, Tell us about your biking/ wrenchin history.

Premium Member
Isn't there some caveat to the pledge thing on plastic where you can't use spray can becaues propellant will cloud the plastic?
MAYBE on the woodgrain. But I use Favor (Pledge's Mexican, non-union equivalent at Wally World) and haven't had any issues with clouding. I even use it on my Givi windscreen. Just be sure to give it a good buffing. (That should set Mikey up for a fun response. )

Welcome to the forum, @Dmars I've never seen the woodgrain panel. You'll have to share some pics.

Registered
Welcome from another newbie.

Registered
2011 burgman 400
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been on two wheels about 55 years owned about 6 Harleys a couple BMWs 8 Hondas and about 15 other makes over the years . Do my own maintenance and minor repairs but refrain from messing around with things that ain't broke. That has saved me a lot of $ over the years. Had a yellowed windscreen on my Honda reflex used flizt and a little elbow grease almost like new now

Registered
Been on two wheels about 55 years owned about 6 Harleys a couple BMWs 8 Hondas and about 15 other makes over the years . Do my own maintenance and minor repairs but refrain from messing around with things that ain't broke. That has saved me a lot of $ over the years. Had a yellowed windscreen on my Honda reflex used flizt and a little elbow grease almost like new now
To get the rest of the cleaning done using imho the proper and best stuff. Novus plastic polish.
Amazon's best deal. Also available at every Harley shop as individual parts.
Capture+_2021-06-09-15-55-12.png

Registered
To get the rest of the cleaning done using imho the proper and best stuff. Novus plastic polish.
Amazon's best deal. Also available at every Harley shop as individual parts.
View attachment 94250
I do have the Blue bottle #1, got it for my HD鈥檚 many years ago.

Registered
Overall to me #2 is by far the most useful, #3 fairly aggressive used seldomly. Here is the secret to using any abrasive cleaner on something you hope to look through. NEVER USE A CIRCULAR MOTION ONLY STRAIGHT LINES. On your blue bottle I think it may say to use angular strokes? If you have a normal and not too deep swirls this will normally take them out buy it's use and correct the problem. Hand use is best.

Registered
馃槼 Careful saying that name 3 times whilst posting...;)

Premium Member
馃槼 Careful saying that name 3 times whilst posting...;)
What ever you do don鈥檛 say the Hydroxy word 馃ぃ

Registered
Burgman.........Burgman...........___?

Registered
Welcome! I spent almost a month based in Sarasota this past winter. The riding is dull in most of Florida, the trip to Key West notwithstanding, but some of the coastal roads around Sarasota are not bad.

Premium Member
Welcome! I spent almost a month based in Sarasota this past winter. The riding is dull in most of Florida, the trip to Key West notwithstanding, but some of the coastal roads around Sarasota are not bad.
Funny you used the word Dull 馃ぃ you sorta gotta explain where your coming from 馃ぃ:
Front Row Jerry Garcia鈥檚 T-Shirt Land:

Reactions: dogboy

Premium Member
What! You don't like our mountains an waterfalls an stuff?

Registered
Funny you used the word Dull 馃ぃ you sorta gotta explain where your coming from 馃ぃ:
I can almost ride from one coast of Florida to the other with both my throttle and fork locks engaged. ;)

I rode 50 miles from Sarasota to Ona to see the amazing Solomon's Castle and actually did have my throttle lock engaged for almost the entire trip.

Registered
Funny you used the word Dull 馃ぃ you sorta gotta explain where your coming from 馃ぃ
here's a recent dogboy route...simply put, when he posts a ride it's gonna be fun. he is an excellent group ride leader.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts