Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time rider of Gold Wings, looking to downsize a bit to the Burgman 650 soon. At age 70, the Wing is getting too heavy. The Burgman 650 looks like a beautiful machine, a comfy 2-up cruiser that will keep sweetie & I happy down the road. Haven't actually seen one close enough to touch, but everything I've read says it's a good fit. Have been browsing around online for the right opportunities, an Executive 2009 or newer with reasonable miles. Hope to find one on our way shortly from N. Illinois to south Florida. Plan to explore answers to questions about the bike, bike accessories, windshield & bag options. I'll be an owner soon. Thanks in advance for the answers from your experts & the knowledge base. Best, Den.

·
Administrator
22,436 Posts
Den, Welcome to the forum

Going from a Goldwing to the Burgman 650, its not a HUGE downsize unless you are talknig some of the later years GL1800 Mastodons. A 650 is 620 pounds ready to ride. But most of the weight is BELOW Knee height when riding. Add bags and other Farkels and you can get into the 700+ pound range.

• The #1 windshield recommended by members is the Clearview with a vent. But a GIVI, 7Joric or a couple others are good too.
  • Top Box and side cases, the most recommended is GIVI but there are a few others too like Kappa and Shag. Feling in Germany makes chrome racks or you can copy mine if you can cut steel and weld or know someone that can.

Reactions: den458

·
Premium Member
18,066 Posts
welcome, while shopping for accessories and looking at south florida you might want to do some research on giant snake guards and mosquito canopies :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Reactions: den458

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Den, Welcome to the forum

Going from a Goldwing to the Burgman 650, its not a HUGE downsize unless you are talknig some of the later years GL1800 Mastodons. A 650 is 620 pounds ready to ride. But most of the weight is BELOW Knee height when riding. Add bags and other Farkels and you can get into the 700+ pound range.
Dave: The '89 GL1500 Wing is 853 lbs dry, sure mine is over 900 with gas/oil/fluids + counting how my wife loves to fill the storage with clothes, LOL. I'm thinking 250 lbs lighter would be nice enough.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I missed your post a few days ago it seems. Welcome to the Forum and good luck on your search. There are some out there but be patient; it took a few months to find mine.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Welcome aboard the board Den.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts