Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a 2013 Burgman 650 so far i'm impressed and live the bike. The only improvement I will do is the windshield, kind of flimsy and too short for me. PuigUSA is designing one but not till end of the year and clear view is about 1-2 month away, so I have to wait for now.
I live in hot muggy Miami, Florida. Good thing is I get year around ridding but in summer bring rain gear most days after 1-2 pm.
TI have been riding since 1978 My first bike was a 1978 Moto-Guzzy Convert full dressed. One of the best bikes I have had., then I had a BMW 750, from there I was very sick with heart problems and cancer. Got better and have been riding scooters this is my 5th I have had Piaggio 50, Bev250 & MP3 and last was a Kymco Downtown 300i now the Burgman 650 and so far the best one.

I wonder is there a club in the Miami area for Burgman riders, if not Maxi Scooters.?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles! I'm sure you will love your new 650.

Try www.meetup.com looks like there's a scooter and several MC riding groups in the Miami area. I'm a leader in one of the Los Angeles groups. They're loads of fun. Try to find a group that is cool with scoots in tow. Best way is to email the leader and ask. Let him know you'll have no problem keeping up. perhaps avoid the sportbike and Harley groups. If the leader is cool with scoots, chances are the members will be too.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Welcome from St. Augustine! When I moved down here from Seattle, I replaced my OEM windshield with a Clearview XXL. Quieted the ride a lot gave better protection for the hands on those slightly chilly mornings. Enjoy your Burgie!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from Tampa! You're going to love that Burgman - I sure love mine!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome - you'll love the Burgman 650 Exec.
Take a look at Clearview for a better screen but careful with the height. You do want to see over it when it's down full.
http://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/suzuki/burgman-650-shields-executive-model/

I'd stay off scooter clubs - will drive you crazy as they cater to the small city scoots. If there is a forum of Miami riders I'd try and find a compatible group to hook up with rather than a category of machine.

The 650 Burgman will keep pace with all but the big SS up to 80 mph and there is more left after that tho it gulps gas at those speeds and tank is on the smallish side.
Still many of us have had sustained runs well above 80 and even 90 mph without trouble of any kind.
Excellent motor, magic tranny.
Once you find the best uses of the Power button there are very few bikes that you will lose ground to from a start up to about 60 mph and it's superb in the twists ( that was the biggest surprise for me ). with excellent brakes and engine braking plus low CofG.

Biggest downer is it eats rear tires so have an eye on tire pressure and tread.
Otherwise incrediblly carefree bike to own and ride.
Best all around machine I've owned in 45 years of riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts