Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everybody,

I'm a new member to this great forum and its my first post.
It took me 4weeks to read all the post ( well not all of them :p ) and it made my decision much more easier between Silver wing and Burgman 650.

I wanted to buy one till end of 04, but then decided to wait for the 05 model.

Yesterday I had a first ride 30km ( 19 miles), and it was ..... good, NO it was GREAT!!!!!!

BTW my second ride on bike. I dont count a 50cm3 scooter ( have 2000 miles on it).

Cheers

Slepejs

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Slepejs. Glad to have you join us.

Looks like Bryan needs to add another flag to the BurgmanUSA homepage. :D

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Slepejs, welcome from North Carolina on the East Coast of U.S.

Your country makes some really nice light aircraft that are imported here as well as the Verner engine. Being a great industrial country, its a wonder CZ hasn't produced a large scooter.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your country.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Slepejs,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

This is the best place on the net for info on the Burgies and more!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome,

Ted, I thing that they are the WALTER engines :).

We had good motorcycles in the past called JAWA.
Now they are comming back with the production, but quality hmmm.... I'll wait and see.

It sure is JohnnyDeath. :D

Cheers

Slepejs

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I remember the Jawa! I believe they were 2 stroke singles? They never became very popular in the USA, but I remember seeing advertisements for them. Triumph came back very successfully, but revival attempts for several other old names have failed. Brand revival is a risky business... Poor business management and undercapitalization seem to be common causes of failure. It's tough to capture the spirit and look of an old brand, while giving it enough modern technology to compete in today's market.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I believe the Jawa is still the brand of choice for Speedway racing. Not 100% sure on it so don't hold me to it :p

·
Registered
969 Posts
They are, since the late '60's. Before that, the English JAP (TM) cycle was predominant. For any who aren't familiar with speedway or ice racing, look it up. You'll be amazed!

Steve

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Slepejs, I believe the Walter is a turbo of some sort; I was referring to the small 2 cyl 4 stroke Verner (http://verneraircraftengines.com) that is used on micro-light aircraft in Europe...we call them ultralights or sport planes.

Cheers.

·
Registered
611 Posts
In 1980 I had a CZ 250 with a sidecar - weren't they also from CZ? I thought there was another brand that was from there too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts