Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to take a second to say hello to everyone here. I joined about a month ago when I traded my 2005 Yamaha Majesty for a 2012 Burgman 400 with less than 2000 miles on it. My wife had traded in her Aprila Sportcity around December of last year for a 2005 Burgman 400 and has really enjoyed it and when the 2012 became available I couldn't resist. We have only been riding for about 5 years now but we sure like to ride around this area and I use mine for commuting to work.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on the pair of 400s - they're great little bikes which are remarkably capable even up on the super slab.

And, after noticing the name of your city, I have to extend greetings from Tampa, Florida. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hmmm, why the switch from a majesty? I've heard they're great bikes.

Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My one big complaint with the Majesty was that I would smashing my knee into the parking brake if not paying attention. After riding my wife's bike around I decided I like the Burgman better.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from the desert of So. Cal.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Welcome and congrats!!!

As a Los Angeleno, I'm curious to know what a commute in Nampa, ID entails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing like an LA commute. If you're going to Boise on the interstate during morning rush you might slow to a crawl for 5 to 10 minutes and some intersections get congested but according to my California friends it's nothing compared to yours. I only have about 6 miles to get to work and I work graveyard so traffic is never a problem. I just have to deal with the cold and snow from November to about March.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts