Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone! I've owned my `13 Burgman 400 for about one week, coming from Honda Transalp 700 (I realised on/off road riding is not for me). Bought it unused for a reasonable price (since the riding season here in Moscow is about to come to a close, and the bike is 1 year old). I'm already enjoying it: it takes much less preparation to hop on, and you can take much more luggage without having to tie it to the bike, compared to Transalp. So, it's more of relaxation than exhilaration which was good on the Transalp but was sort of consuming. Chose a maxi after my dad did (I'm 28). I'm here, because there's no adequate Burgman forum in Russia (unlike for Transalp), and I've seen that many of the topics I'm already interested in (like making both headlights work in low and high beam mode) are discussed here. All the best riding to everyone!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum! there is a lot of useful information here.

ahh.. no picture = no 13 Burgman 400 bought about one week ago! :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's right! It didn't happen if there's no picture! :)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Burgmans.
I have a friend in Krasnoyarsk but that is a long way from Moscow.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes Prodrediens, we have a light-hearted rule here: if there are no pictures or video, then it does not exist or it did not happen. :D lol

Congratulations on the new bike, its a wonderful machine. I've been riding mine for eight years and still love it. And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Welcome aboard! Let the new toy break in properly and you will see what really is this machine about. The natural extension to Russian language allows to describe it in one word - 'Pizdec' :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome ........Glad you were able to find us. Lot of years of knowledge & riding Burgmans on this site. If you have a problem or question I know someone will have the answer you need. ;)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Howdy from East Texas. Had a 400 and on my second 650. Loved my 400 and it was very peppy even riding 2 up. When I want comfort, quiet and storage I take the Burgman. When I want it raw and powerful, I'm on the 919.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot for welcoming words, frankly, it was a nice surprise when I checked back. I could only check back now, since i had trouble with my Burgman - it turned out it was the dealer's fault - and I can't take any pictures yet, since my front fender cracked (it only had 2 bolts instead of 4, and the brake line wasn't attached to it - it was like that since I bought it, but I discovered it only after I had to take the fender off for repairs). I shouldn't have thought the the Japanese guys did a bad job - it was the guy who installed the front wheel and fender at the dealership and happened to misplace a couple of bolts. Battery cover was also unfastened. But I will post photos as soon as possible!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from sunny Tampa, Florida Prodrediens! I'm glad that your dealer problems showed up right away so they can't blame it on you. That's a beautiful bike - it's a pity that your riding season is coming to an end. Heated gear can make more winter riding possible. You've found a great forum here; there are lots of friendly folks ready to both help and swap stories.

Oddly enough my job involves analyzing the television advertising on the Russian networks. I chat with Maria in Moscow every night when the Ad Log file comes through.

Your English is incredibly good, so I suspect the main benefit of this will be to make you laugh at how badly Google Translate butchers it!

----------------------------------------------------

Добро пожаловать из солнечной Тампа, Флорида Prodrediens! Я рад, что ваши проблемы дилеров появился сразу же, поэтому они не могут обвинить его на вас. Это красивый велосипед - жаль, что ваша езда сезон подходит к концу. Подогрев передач может сделать более зимой на лошадях можно. Вы нашли большое форум здесь; Есть много доброжелательных людей, готовых обеих помощь и своп историй.

Как ни странно моя работа включает в себя анализ телевизионной рекламы на российских сетях. Я прямо с Марией в Москве каждую ночь, когда файл объявление Вход проникает.

Ваш английский невероятно хорошо, поэтому я подозреваю, основное преимущество это будет заставить вас смеяться, как плохо Google Translate мясников его!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome from north Texas. Great looking bike! +1 on the Mitch videos. It's what drew me to fall in love with the Burgman. Wish I could find a white 2013 AN400.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome to the site! I am also a new member/owner here. Your bike looks strangely familiar! :D

Do you ride mostly in and around Moscow, or do you get outside the city to travel much?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, guys! One thing I've noticed is that Google Translate automatically translates bike as bicycle from many languages :) Always funny to read. The thing about dealership mistakes is that I didn't spend time leaving the scoot for fender repairs or battery replacement - it would have taken too much precious time for them to admit it was their fault and even more time to order a new fender. They would have probably blamed me that I probably caught a rock and misplaced the bolts and dropped the battery. Since it would have also been almost impossible to prove I had nothing to do with this, I just asked a friend to repair and repaint the fender, and I ordered the missing hook and bolts from Japan. And I enjoyed a couple more rides while it was still possible. By the way, the Limited version (which is the only one you can officialy buy in Russia), comes with handguards and heated grips (you probably know that), which makes riding more bearable. The season is still on for me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the site! I am also a new member/owner here. Your bike looks strangely familiar! :D

Do you ride mostly in and around Moscow, or do you get outside the city to travel much?
I mostly get outside the city, since I enjoy out-of-town scenery when riding. But I also tried riding across Moscow, and saw that my 400 is slim enough to make it easy.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Take a brief tour of Moscow right now :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, that was a treat to watch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts