Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Burgman riders, friends and fans all over the world !

I am a Burgman 400 rider already since 2003, but I found this internet adress just some days ago.

It's very intresting to see, how big the international community of Burgman owner already is.

For me, it is a dream, to come with my Burgman to the US for riding along the route 66 or/and Highway No.1. Both I have already visited, but in a Van, not by scooter (unfortunately :( )

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome Michael!

Better late than never!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you do make it over for the Route 66 jaunt, I would love to join you for at least a segment of the ride. I've been on a few stretches of it, but never a continuous tour...

Welcome to the group.

Stan in Kansas City

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Thank you Michael. There are not many scooters in the US but I think (and know) that that will change. I hope that you can some day ride Route 66 and tour America. It is a very very beautiful country.

In kind I'd like to hit the Autobahns of Germany or/and the Autostradas of Italia and the little gausthauses (sp?) and brewerys/inns and the castles stuck up in the Dolamites and the Zuchspitst (sp?). Between Austria, Germany, Northern Italy and France I am not sure where I would like to tour first but I do know that it is a great place, Europe is. Ahhh - liquid blown glass art in Venice. I am getting misty here... :)

My Sister went the University of Maryland in Munich and also the University of Munich in Munich. My other Sister went to a college in Perugia (Flocotti Rugs). I went to these places in a Peugeot 504 hitched to a caravan several times. Went as far North as Belgium where I learned about Homeing Pigieons.

Peace buddy. I hope you make it to the States. And thanks for writing to us.

Pete

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Michael21

Welcome to the forum :hello2: (neighbour :wink: ) - I am pleased that you found us and I hope you stick around and tell us more of your riding experience with the Burgman.

In UK there are very few of the larger scooters unlike Germany.

I trust you know of this forum too - German Forum for Burgman

Look forward to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,
thank you for your welcome greetings.

Hi Stan,
sorry, currently it is still a dream (Family, Time, Money,...). I think, first of all I have to show at my next visit to the US the Grand Canyon to my kids, to show them how small and unimportant man is.

Hi Pete,
if you want to hit highways without any speed limit, you have to go to germany, but this is not, a burgman is built for, I believe. If you want to tour the european montains, please don't forget Switzerland, it is in the middle between Germany, Austria, France and Italy an has a lot of very nice passes.

P.S.: Nice Cat!

Some pictures of a german burgman-only-meeting 2005:

http://www.burgman-treffenfuerstenau.de
-> Bilder -> 2005

Regards
Michael

[/img]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Michael!

Nice to meet you.

Maybe one day yould like to bring your scoot to Portugal. We on http://www.MegaScooterPortugal.com will have the pleasure to help you in all we can then.

I have a Burgman 650 K4 and im interested to visit one of these days my Birth City Hamburg.

Cheers buddy

Tom

PS: By the way. The link you provide doesnt work. Cya :shock:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Michael21, it's just great to know folks all around the world can enjoy the Burgman experience. Let us know when you can come ride Route 66 and I think you will have lotsa company. Neal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts