Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the Feb. '15 issue of Motorcyclist magazine. They did an article about touring on four different types of bikes, including the 650 Burgman. The other three were the BMW R1200RT, Honda CTX1300 Deluxe, and the Yamaha Super Tenere ES. The staff were all impressed with how competent and competitive the Burgman was against this group of MUCH more expensive machines.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yesterday I received my Feb issue too. It was a good writeup about the Burg.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am into the winter doldrums and haven't been reading my motorcycle magazines. Thanks guys, I read this heads up here and immediately headed to read my issue of Motorcyclist. Good article. I could have told them that the Burgman was going to surprise them (as we all could have told them). Our "scooter" costs a lot less than any of the other bikes and kept up just fine. If they took a little time to fine tune the Burgman with a back rest (Bearcat) and a seat cushion (Airhawk R) they would have been fighting over the bike wanting to ride it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Still can't understand why a magazine published and distributed in December should be labelled as a February edition??

I have my own views on what that says about society, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. :(

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Burgman only makes 188 miles on a tank? That sounds a little low.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wonder how long before the motorcycle world ceases to be surprised when it's discovered that the Suzuki Burgman is a capable and great riding two-wheeler. My friends still always ask me if I can keep up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I imagine they were riding the thing really hard, which would hurt the mileage.
Yep...no doubt about it.... I keep my "power" button engaged 24/7!:D:D:D
also the stinking low gas prices doesn't hurt, does it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts