Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching GPS units for my new 650 due to arrive in a few weeks. This new Lowrance looks good and I am familiar with their products. I used their fishfinders and GPS on my boat for many years. I would be interested in feedback and thoughts on this unit from some of the pros on the great site. Thanks,
Erika

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/gp ... tem=IW500C

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I have never seen that unit but it looks real good.

As long as the mapping is OK it looks like a good deal (particularly with a RAM mount thrown in) and the tunes facility is pretty **** neat.

With its marine heritage it should be a very servicable and robust unit. I would look for some user reports on the mapping software/recalc algorithms etc before taking the plunge however.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have been very happy with my Garmin 2610 as I have also use Garmin's marine hand held many time while riding my jet ski but for what I have been told this new unit surpasses the Garmin with many feature not found on the 26xx line and I sure like the ability to have music in the same device and don't have to worry about one extra unit to mount or hide. I have not seen it but all the talk I have heard say that Garmin is re doing the streetpilot to match this model, makes me hope mine would fall off by accident so I have reason to but this new unit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Santafedr I really do not want my Garmin to fall off I was kidding, I do not need a reason to go out and buy a new unit. I am waiting to hear from those who has gotten it and give there review and to hear what the market thinks and also see how sales of the unit goes.

·
Registered
969 Posts
santafedr said:
I was kidding, too! Sorry if I didn't make that so clear.
Man! You didn't even twitch or smile. (A Razz not a smile be.) No wonder he couldn't tell. :D

Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looks like a nice product. I couldn't have something like GPS though. To me, half the fun in riding is getting lost on some backroad hardly anyone knows about. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts