Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using the new larger screen made by Suzuki? It seems to me I saw a mention of it some time back, but I can't find it in the archives.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been using the new Suzuki windscreen for about a month. Although the increased hand protection is a big improvement over the stock windscreen, the height means--I'm just 5'10"--that the screen's top is too close to eye level. As well, the screen appears to have no protective coatings, meaning that it scratches far too easily. Curiously, it's manufactured in Italy. On a scale of ten I'd give it a five.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Pappy,

As far as I know, they are not available in the USA yet, and your are most likely looking at the US Suzuki site.

Those Canadians get the tall factory windscreens - and they even have front tires available! They gotta be doing something right up there....

·
Registered
520 Posts
pauljo said:
Pappy,

As far as I know, they are not available in the USA yet, and your are most likely looking at the US Suzuki site.

Those Canadians get the tall factory windscreens - and they even have front tires available! They gotta be doing something right up there....
Well, being an old American who's POOPED, I ordered an XXL Clearview today on the phone. Now, the WAIT begins. I'll pay the gas, and after 90 MPH, I'll back off and let my Harley guys "win".........If the REALLY mess with me, I'll take the shield off altogether and make em cry!

·
Registered
520 Posts
allwalk said:
650blue said:
Hi, any one have a photo with the new windscreen in his motorbike

regards
Hi there Blue. As noted I have been away. Here is a link to the pics you ask for.http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/allwalk?page=3
When you have time, can you tell us your impressions> Guesses for someone like me who is 6'2" tall but with only a 29" inseam? I already ordered a Clearview XXL, Mike

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Pappy said:
allwalk said:
650blue said:
Hi, any one have a photo with the new windscreen in his motorbike

regards
Hi there Blue. As noted I have been away. Here is a link to the pics you ask for.http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/allwalk?page=3
When you have time, can you tell us your impressions> Guesses for someone like me who is 6'2" tall but with only a 29" inseam? I already ordered a Clearview XXL, Mike
I'm 6' even with inseam of 34". I look over the shield quite easily and the air goes over the helmet nicely with no buffeting and reduced helmet noise. If it rains all I have to do to get behind the screen is slouch abit. Since your taller especially in the upper body I think you made a wise choice in the clearview you ordered. The one I have would be too short for you IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts