Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newb:
Hi all,
New to the forum and new to the Burgman family.
Got my somewhat new 650 Burgman last week. It had 1600 miles on it, and now has 2100. 2003 with lots of scratches on it. The last owner dropped it several times. Must of been a balance issue. I've been watching this forum for several months, and have gotten lots of helpful info. I think, in fact, that's why I decided to get the Burgman, because of all the good information and feedback. Plus the fact that it's one kickin' bike. Even my 15 year old daughter isn't embarrassed to be see riding with the old guy.
I'm having a ball riding the new bike and am looking forward to meetin' you all through the forum.
Bye for now! :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums.

Congratulations on the 'pre-loved Burgman 650'. Although your Burgman came from a slightly abusive relationship, you be good to her and she'll be good to you. :) If the scratches are not too bad, a little touch up paint may get your bike back in cosmetic order. One vendor that carrys Burgman colors is http://www.color-rite.com.

A teenager not embarrassed to been seen in public with their parent? I'd say that falls under the heading, "miracle of modern science". :) My 18 year old son has been known to get a little irked when I spent an hour talking to one of his friends (who just got a motorcycle) about the Burgman for a ½ hour. Son's comment, "Don't you talk enough on the forums?" (referring to these forums).

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D billmeek,
Thanks for the reply. The paint issue was going to be my first forum question. You must have read my mind. I went to the web sight and found out I need Y7H. Would you recommend putting a clear coat over the top?
Thanks in advance
:D

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Taking into consideration that I know little about paint, I'd say it would depend on the amount of area you are covering. For the few minor scratches I've covered on my blue burgman, I've not applied any clear coat. If covering any area larger than scratches, I'd probably use a clear coat to protect the painted area.

Blueburg of Happiness said:
You must have read my mind.
Welcome to the "Burgman Psychic Support Forum" :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts