Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

New kid in town.

770 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  speedandstyle 
#1 ·
Hey all! Just a short note to say hi to all! I'm fairly new to the 'scooter scene' and am just thrilled to be here. I sold my K75S, a while back, and bought my '03 Burgman with low, low miles. I can't say it's more fun than the beemer, but its way more comfortable. Anyway I've been using this forum to do maintenance for a while now, and just decided to make it official by joining. Lou

#4 ·
First off welcome - I too recently acquired a Burgman 400, mine is a 2006.

Are you sure your Burg is a 2003. I thought the turn signals on a 2003 were amber. I bet yours is a 2004 model but built in 2003. My 2006 was made in 2005. Keep in mind models usually come out 4-7 months early.
This is a 2003 - note the amber turns

His Burgman is a 400 - he set up a garage.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/garage/4154

#7 ·
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

#8 ·
I think the 2004 got tie down rings welded to the rear frame and the 2003 didn't{one either side just below the plastics}. But it could be the rings were not added till 2005. If you do have those rings then for sure your bike would be a 2004 model and not a 2003.

3/03 would be March of 2003 but it might have been from the very first of the 2004 models. It could take several months from the factory to the showroom floor. New models can come out as early as May or June, although usually it is August or September. But a March manufacturing date is possible for a 2004 model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.