Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first street bike,bought it 2 months ago and went thru safety course
Here in Ocala. I finally got my South Dakota lic worked out for Florida. Went for my first ride today, and made it about 15 miles before it broke down. Stopped at a gas station and I was not able to get it started again. I guess it was not charging the battery. It's been on a battery tender since I got it. Lucky I have a little Chinese scooter so had the wife pull the battery out and bring it to me and was able to make it home. Now I have to say ,that it was a fantastic ride so far can't wait to get it fixed. I am looking for a good dealer near Lady Lake Fl. Anyone have dealer they really like near me?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome to BUSA! Lots of great info here and there are several riders in FL. Some should be near you, I'm not real familiar with FL but I'm sure some of them will chime in here soon.
Ride safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K8 400 regulator/rectifier recall

Thanks all , talked to Champion motor sports and found the recall had not been
Done. 2.5 weeks to get parts for recall. I wonder if I can ride with spare batteries or would I do more damage. If the seat storage can hold 80 cans of beer then I should be able to hold a few batteries in there. Planning to ride the 43 miles to the dealer in eustice Fl. When parts come in.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burg, Aviator - and glad to see you've found us here at the forum. While you're in Eustis, you might want to check out the Batteries Plus shop there. I'll bet you can get the battery cheaper there than at Champion Motor Sports.

17195 US Highway 441 Suite 101
Mount Dora, FL 32757
(352) 483-1122

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA. You're gonna love the 400 once you get it sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts