Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all in the Forum:

I bought my new 2005 Saturday, August 6th, and will pick it up in a couple days; This Forum and your combined experiences and comments regarding this vehicle have been extremely valuble. I'm looking forward to commenting in the future on this extraordinary machine!

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Mike and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride! You can borrow my time piece while waiting to pick up your new ride :clock: The next few days are going to be long ones........guaranted. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New AN650K5 owner in Carmel, IN, USA

Hello to Allwalk and Paul:

The above new 2005 model is what I got; Will have to get my scooter fix by riding my 1996 Honda Elite CH80 until I take my new K5 away from it's cozy, little dealership ($7206 out-the-door price)! I have owned numerous motorcycles in the past 40 years...1965 Honda 150 Dream (sorta like a scooter), a 64 or 65 (can't remember exactly) Bridgestone 250, while home on leave in July 1969 between tours in Viet Nam! A 1982 Honda Silverwing and 1982 Honda Goldwing, and a (sniff) 1990 Harley-Davidson 1200XL Sportster, which got sold with my 1978 Avanti Coupe when my daughter had 350 sit-down guests at her wedding reception 4 years ago!! These are my first scooters; The CH80 for 25-45 mph transportation (on good days) between my home and work (5 miles), with a max posted speed of 40 mph along my chosen local suburban route, incidently married daughter's home is 3 miles away on same route; Scooting about with wife to Trailheads, etc., when camping in our lovely Indiana State Parks, and then there's the K5! When I have to visit other Indianapolis locations (anticipated) and need to travel interstate system and have arrived at work on my soon to be had, K5! I also anticipate Touring/Camping with my new Burg'. I only came to my senses after the $%^& time I filled my Ford F150 pickup and the gas bill was $50 plus!!

Cheers,

Mike Davis
Capt USMC (ret)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Semper Fi Mike & welcome!

Judging by the price you quoted you either got a pretty good deal on an AN650, or you got seriously hosed on an AN400.

At any rate, congrats on your new baby! What color did you get?

I would like very much to thank you for your service to our country. I am & always have been just another civilian puke, when I tried to volunteer, I was turned down.

I have always valued highly the sacrifices people like yourself have made for the rest of us, and I feel that none of you get the recognition you deserve. Maybe one day, if we should happen to meet (I live in Louisville), you'll let me buy you a round or two just say thanks again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New 2005 AN650K5 in Carmel, IN, USA

Thank You Chuck:

It's an 05 AN650K5, silver color; I'll be happy to have a couple with you, my wife and I graduated from U of L in 82 - I was on the Degree Completion Program in Louisville from December 1980 until May 1982. We were awoken at 5 AM on the 11th floor of Confederate Tower (Married Student Housing) when the Sewers blew! Small world isn't it?

Regards,

Mike Davis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts