Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I'm 72 with a bad back and my BMW K100 was getting too heavy for me to get up on the stand so I thought it was time for me to get something a bit more manageable and "age appropriate", so last week I picked up a 2006 400S. It badly needed an oil/filter change and a new headlight so I had to wait until I got those delivered and installed before going out on a proper ride, which I did today. My K is as solid as a rock and the 400 is not in the same league but it was more powerful than I expected and stable enough to feel confident while on the highway. It feels like something I will use a lot in my day to day life for errands and not just for fun rides.
I think it has been somewhat neglected mechanically so I hope to do a valve adjustment and plug inspection next and then a check of all the transmission bits somewhat later. I have the service manual pdf which is a fantastic resource, and I also have the paper owners manual.
Jan

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome. The ergonomics and low center of gravity make it very user friendly.

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Welcome Jan.

BC you say? Such a small place ;)

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
One of the big drawbacks of the 400 is , a short trip to the store can turn in to a 2 hour ride, too much fun. Welcome to a great source of information (and a few lies and funnies), We look forward to your posts and pics.Be sure to let us know what type of refreshing beverage to expect when all 3,000 of us come to visit next saturday.

·
Registered
911 Posts
BC you say? Sunshine Coast, the Island, the Interior, Vancouver? Good thing someone is still buying a bike and parts for it; you’re keeping the economy going practically single-handedly. Yeah, with the new lighter more agile machine, you should consider also buying a dust cover for the BMW. Greetings, and welcome, from the ‘Peg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts