Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I know this is a Burgman forum, but in the site introduction it was stated that all scooterists and their scooters are welcome. I hope this is true as I really find this to be a great informative forum.

Well today I bought a 2002 Honda black Silverwing with just 1685 miles, $3800 out the door. Even though I had been looking at Burgmans, and I truly believe the 650 Burg is a better ride, I just couldn't pass up what I felt like was a fantastic deal.

I also own a 2003 BMW F650CS motorcycle, which is also a great ride. However, after owning scooters before, I just had to have another one.
Twist and go is wonderful.

My question after saying all of this long winded stuff? I find there is quite a bit of wind buffeting around the helmet. I am short, 5'6" tall. When I lower my head down maybe 2 inches its absolutly quite. So I guess I need a slightly taller windscreen. I was hoping someone out there may have a suggestion of a replacement windscreen.

Thanks

Terry

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Terry,

The 2 most popular windshields for the Burgmans are the ClearView and the Givi screens. The ClearView Website doesn't list the specific shields available. I'd call or email them to see what is available for the SilverWing. The Givi website lists the D214ST Windscreen for the Silverwing. Either company should provide a very good product. I'd check on the Clearview first. If they offer a replacement, they're very likely to have multiple height options.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Givi makes a windscreen for the Silverwing. You can get them at Arizona Motorsports

There may be other options. You could give Clearview a call and see if they make a Silverwing screen. Their website is seriously out of date, but a call or email would get you the information.

800-798-6089
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Terry, welcome aboard. After you've had a chance to get used to the SW. let me know how you like it, and any pecularities you find. I'm sorta interested myself. If I found a deal like you got, I'd have one sitting in my garage next to the 400.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I probably would have jumped at such a deal myself. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Windscreens for Silverwing

Many thanks for your replys folks. Thats exactly the information I was looking for. After I make a decision I will post back to let you know of the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts