Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
We've got another thread going on the Big Ruckus. Click Here

Actually I like it. It is more of a "Scooter Jeep" than the sleek road machines that the Burgman, Silver Wing, Aprilia Atlantic, etc are. There are some accessories for it that further accentuate the dual sport image of the scoot. I'd love to have one to run the many miles of gravel roads that exist out here - something that I will not do with my fancy dressed up Burgman.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I agree, Paul. It looks like it would be fun on sandy or minor-league gravel roads where I wouldn't want to take Sushi (with all her plastic to get scrapped up). Might be good for shore towns or in the country. Wouldn't trade Sushi for it but it is kinda cool. 8)

Bryna

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I was shopping a few months ago, my wife and I saw the little Ruckus at a Honda dealer. Though my wife doesn't ride, she thought the little one looked like fun. I haven't shown her the big one yet. Maybe that would get her hooked.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
There's ugly and then there is agressively ugly. At agressively it starts to look cool in it's own way.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Always found it hard to judge a bike by a picture, it does seem to have something, But like an SUV that never goes off road-- Not for me..
In fact for over a 1,000 less I would buy another 400 and let it get scraped up on dirt roads if that was were I wanted to go. 8)

·
Registered
409 Posts
For a road warriior, I wouldn't like it. for a city or off roader, I like it. It's cool

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jim said:
There's ugly and then there is agressively ugly. At agressively it starts to look cool in it's own way.
:thumbright: You got that right, Jim! Like pugs and English bulldogs. :)

The little Ruckus was just kinda ugly--the Big Ruckus is aggressively so! :D

Bryna

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, it's a pretty cool idea from Honda, and a reinterpretation of the big-scooter, in the frame of the Zoomer 50 (also released in the US as the Ruckus).

Honda have responded to the success of the Zoomer 50cc scooter in the domestic market, and the expanding franchise which is the 250/400cc domestic market, and decided to scale the Zoomer up to 250cc proportions.

Check out the Honda Japan flash site for a flash explanation of the Zoomer's carrying capability. Have a look at the "Play Pocket" section on particular:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ZOOMER/fe/index.html

The PS250 (Big Ruckus) is no off road bike - more like a 2005 Reflex without the plastic. What it does have is loads and loads of carrying space - considerably more than the AN650, I might add. Think if what you can tie on to the front of the machine above the headlight; think of what sort of box you can place on the rear seat area with the rear seat folded up as a riders backrest; think about the fact that there are no restrictions with the sizes of luggage that you can carry on the back. I'd say it's more pick-up scooter than Jeep, and it's perfect for the long touring fisherman that wants to carry everything you can imagine, and it's also popular for trendy urban young riders that only ride in the dry.

Check out the Japanese site for a flash explanation of the application of the machine. Have a look at the "Utility" section in particular:

http://www.honda.co.jp/PS250/

Enjoy. Lycheed

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I just browsed through the new issue of Rider Magazine that I received today. There was only one scooter picture in this issue. It was in the "Kickstarts" section. Which scooter was it??? Honda's Big Ruckus!

One paragraph about the features of the machine. Lead sentence: "What's the big ruckus about this year?"

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Stormsteed said:
AAACK! Don't say pugs are ugly! Who couldn't love a face like this?? :p
Looks like he's been chasing too many parked cars. :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
casek said:
Here is the new Big Ruckus from Honda. Glad I bought Suzuki! :D

Big Ruckus from Honda
\

Kind of reminds me of a Hummer with two wheels. I'll bet it would be a blast around a campground or back road riding. Kind of like my ol Helix. Even though they might be out dated by todays standard they have a layed back comfortable ride. I think Honda realizes there is a market to tap into. Ugly? all in the eyes of the owner I guess.

Helix :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
yep kinda like the hummer. now that an ugly car/truck? but what about the range rover? theres and ugly truck but if you have a need then there you go. if the ruckus had a bit larger engine and could make 80 plus mph then the burgy would be gone and the ruckus would be the bike of choice for me. it kinda remindes of a truck. and besides i use my helix as a truck alot of times. the burgy just has no way of transporting much of anything.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Did anyone else notice it has a magnetic locking plate on the igniton just like the Burg?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Interestingly:
1. The Helix is still made new in Japan (named Fusion here) and is available in three forms of mild custom straight from the factory. It is the coolest bike in Tokyo this side of Harley. The Forza (2005 Reflex that has not and maybe never will be released outside of Japan) comes second, and the Majesty and Burg Type S come third.

The 'outdated' and 'quirky' are popular over here.

2. The metallic ignition cover is standard over here in Japan on scooters from 50cc through to 650cc. I don't think that there is a scooter manufactured in Japan or other parts of Asia that hasn't had this fitted for quite a while. It's just the Italians that have moved very slowly on this front...

The Big Rukus is just another way to get around town and look cool at the same time - big scooters are a massive market over here, and it's just another way to capitalise on that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts