Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Honda has got another option for their 700cc platform. I like it, except for the foot forward controls, but thats just me. I know it looks kind of like the DN-01, but it just doesn't seem as odd looking to me. IT comes in a six speed manual or the automatic version like the NC700.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lots of good features, from what I've read. Available tall windshield, gas consumption rivaling the Burgman 400 as well as lower seat height, engine layout for low center of gravity, available heated grips, ABS, great price point and, besides the obvious side bags in the picture, the actual gas tank is under the seat (again, lower COG) and the faux tank is a storage compartment large enough for a full face helmet. Put a top box on this thing and you've got a tourer that sounds hard to beat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the gas tank is not under the seat on this model. I guess so that they can get the seat height down an extra 4 inches. They do have a small compartment in the tank/fairing section, but it looks like it would only fit a pair of gloves.

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Nice bike, but the 3.17 Gal fuel tank sucks.

The chain is also not a plus.

I would pay another 1K for a non chain bike with a bigger fuel tank.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I agree - the more I see the new 700s from Honda, the more I like the NT - shaft drive and a decent size tank! Too bad it didn't last.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Too bad for Canadians, it's the same as the NC700 bikes, Honda Canada will not bring in the DCT versions. They are only going to sell the manual bikes up north, apparently the auto versions are "too expensive" for the Canadian market, or so the dealer told me...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Bora said:
Actually the gas tank is not under the seat on this model.
Yeah, I had misread part of an article. Oops.

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is a good alternative to the CTX700. It has shaft drive, similar paint job and you don't have to wait until 2014 :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
At least the tank is better than the CX500 I had. 2 1/2 gals, 100 miles to walking. I really had to worry that the station in Amboy would be open whenever I went to Laughlin, Nev. In that case you really don't care that it is probably the most expensive gas station in the country.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I like the look of that 700. It has potential in my book. Reference the gas tank size, that's not really a problem for most I would suggest. The bike has half of the Honda Jazz engine which is a long stroke low revving, very fuel efficient engine. 78-80mpg is easily attainable giving good tank range for most. That's in real riding! I guess the chain is difficult for some and is of course a personal choice thing, but chains now are not really a problem. These days they rarely require adjustment, need cleaning quite infrequently, and lubing even less. In short they are cheap, and clean if you treat it as you should. It's the choice manufacturers make when they want really good fuel economy as it's by far the most efficient way of laying the power down.

·
Premium Member
8,172 Posts
but how do you get your leg through?

·
Registered
661 Posts
R1200 said:
This is a good alternative to the CTX700. It has shaft drive, similar paint job and you don't have to wait until 2014 :p
Starting at $26K might be an issue for most of us though!
I actually saw the police version of this bike yesterday - AWESOME!

·
Administrator
18,398 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Quantum Mechanic said:
I like the look of that 700. It has potential in my book.
Again somebody's been caught, this time in the middle of the B400 towards the big V-Strom. :D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
No...not really Bolzen, I like it but I don't actually want one! I think it will go far with the bike buying public though. I won't be going back to big bikes ever...scoots are so much more versatile for me...and indeed I'm off to Germany on my 400 in a couple of weeks! Glad I'm not doing it on my DL1000.

·
Registered
500 Posts
R1200 said:
From what i have read the CTX models will be in the dealer showrooms this spring, not in 2014....

Hope the Tranny is more reliable than the Burgman 650 but then Honda's are usually "Bullet" proof..... :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,398 Posts
Its on the Honda Motorcycle home page. http://powersports.honda.com/2014/ctx700.aspx

Looks like a fully optioned one will be less than $10K USD. :cheers:

May have to check one out. I have no problems riding a motorcycle that you have to flip a leg over, I only have a problem with my left hand and pulling a clutch in rush hour traffic. Two trigger fingers on the left hand make it hard to release the clutch 100's of time in the 41 mile commute to work and 41 miles back home.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Quantum Mechanic said:
Glad I'm not doing it on my DL1000.
Good roads are in Germany indeed, an SUV would be a horrible choice for sure :) .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welllll guys i been looking at this new ctx let me tell u i love the dct transmissiin to be hinest its wat makes the bike 65 mpg will be atttainable in normal riding low revving high torque! And hinda reliabikity.. i think alot of burgman owners are gonna be lookingtowards honda heck i kinda of wish i waited also i just boughy a 13 bmw c650gt..... i only wish it has a dct tranny like thwm hondas. Gosh darn it honda has done it again....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quantum Mechanic said:
I guess the chain is difficult for some and is of course a personal choice thing, but chains now are not really a problem.
Specifically for the CTX700 there has been a recall on the chain. There is/was a chain problem for the NC700 series.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/583/14433 ... ecall.aspx

Only time will tell about other future recalls and problems for this motorcycle. This shows that something as simple and reliable as most chains are on the market. The original chain chosen for the NC700 was problematic and a recalled item.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts