1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
753 Posts
OMG! Now I know what Pee Wee Herman would ride if he had a motorcycle!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
get used to - I'll bet the Burgman rework will be the same slippery design...that sucker gets good mileage.
Anyways - there is already a thread on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most die hard Harley riders say if it ain't got gears..its a scooter. Doesn't matter how big the wheels are or even if its not a step through. No gears = scooter. Form your own opinion I guess. Personalty I don't agree..but hey..that's just me :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sure looks like a Honda CTX 750 with different styling on the outside. Same motor. Probably very similar frame. Same foot postioning. I would still like to see the Honda Integra 750 come to the US. I find the DCT as the next wave in the maxi scooter and midsize bike world. Finally, getting great gas mileage from a motorcycle.
It is amazing how the motorcycle world is really stuck with nearly the same designs year after year. Slight tweeks of the same design over and over.
I like a smooth running motor. No vibration for me. Had a Burg 650, sold it for Honda Goldwing and now back to a great find on a 2009 Yamaha Tmax 500. Loved the GW, but it is just too much hassle for city driving.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I'm on the Honda Powersports email list and today's features the 2015 NM4! So I guess it will be here in the US as the 2015 models roll out. It's advertised as having a 670cc engine, and lists at $10,999.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Most die hard Harley riders say if it ain't got gears..its a scooter. Doesn't matter how big the wheels are or even if its not a step through. No gears = scooter. Form your own opinion I guess. Personalty I don't agree..but hey..that's just me :)
Die hard hardley riders did not invent 4 hole button also. :D :) ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'm on the Honda Powersports email list and today's features the 2015 NM4! So I guess it will be here in the US as the 2015 models roll out. It's advertised as having a 670cc engine, and lists at $10,999.
Looks like a repackaged NC700 for more money. No thanks.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Looks an awful lot like the Suzuki concept from 5 years ago.
The Stryder!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Recent foot forward designs that were earlier than the Honda NM4:

The Vultus has the most pronounced feet-forward riding position yet seen on a mass production motorcycle.
But, if you go back to 1984, you get these custom prototypes.

to be added

The existing bikes which will most likely be seen as the NM4's competition: Aprilia's SRV850 at top left, then clockwise, BMW's C 650 GT, Yamaha's T-Max 530 and Suzuki's Burgman 650

Cartoons are probably the source of the design elements found in the NM4

from Giz magazine

A poster for the 1988 Japanese release "Akira" which has been heavily influential in Japanese culture

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I'm diggin the backrest. But how much tupperware is in the way of its innards.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
But the NM4 has gears! In the form of Honda's DCT (Double Clutch Transmission). I wonder what the lift off speed is??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is one of those bikes that I really love (at first) because of it's innovative design.
But I remember when the AMC Pacer, or the Gremlin came out, or when you saw the very first PT Cruiser or the VW Thing, everyone thought they were so radical but once the shine wears off and you see one on every street corner... they just seem kinda kitschy. Form is great, but I'll choose function every time.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't hate it.. I would try it out..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Two things about the Pacer:
It was originally designed around being front-wheel-drive with a Wankel rotary engine, but GM cancelled the engine program so they had to go with an existing engine and rear-drive powertrain -- this screwed up the hood lines and raised the floor in the cargo area. If built as intended, it would have been better-looking.
The car's "rounded-off" styling showed up again a few years later -- and did spectacularly well -- in Ford's Taurus line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts