Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I got my new helmet yesterday at the end of a bike ride; the Nolan N100E. And it's a beaut! Full flip-face, quieter AND lighter than the loaner. Also got it in bright yellow so that I can be seen.

So my first question is; anyone else out there own one of these? If so, have you figured out how to remove the visor?

Went through the instructions; got to the point where it talks about removing the bolts and I'm scratching my head, wondering what to do next 'cause I don't see any bolts.

So if anyone out there owns one, lemme know. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have owned this particular helmet in the UK now for 3yrs, and yes it is a superb helmet although I have now moved on to other makes namely the Shuberth System 4 Evo, but did you manage to get the visor off, or do you need my help as I can explain how it comes away from the helmet.
Steve. UK.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for responding!

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but yes, clearer instructions than what show up in the book would be helpful.

As I said, I've figured out steps 1 and 2 for removing the visor. It's step 3 that has me befuddled and scratching my head. It talks about removing some bolt or other, but to be careful not to lose the springs. Is it supposed to pop off, lift up, what? And rather than risk breaking anything, I thought I'd ask around first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now you have me scratching my head Gryphon... there are no "Bolts" to remove to get the visor away from the helmet.
Once you have removed the larger of the two peices of plastic at the side of the visor lift the snall plastic arm that has "lift" writen on it and that's it..after performing the same with the other side of the helmet the visor should just lift clear of the helmet... I think what your talking about with the "Bolts" is for removing the lift up chin bar..
Hope this helps..
Steve. UK.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thred20 said:
I have now moved on to other makes namely the Shuberth System 4 Evo
Steve, how do you like the Shuberth? I have read mixed reviews...such as that it is heavier and noisier than other helmets. I am intrigued with the Shuberth System. Looks like the flip down sun visor is a great idea.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Peggy Suz, the Shuberth helmet I use at the moment is the System 4 Evolution that can be converted into 3 different helmets in a matter of seconds.
I always use it in the open face style but carry the chin bar under the seat in case of bad weather (UK rain).
It has a Carbon fibre/ Kevlar shell and is very quiet with excellent weather protection and anti mist visor(very good when it rains).
But I am now in the market to buy the next step up in the shape of the System 5 complete with blue tooth with a $700 price tag from BMW agent.
Steve. UK.

02 Blue 650.
03 Blue BMW R1150RT

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the info, Steve. Sounds like it might be a good helmet to consider. I have the Nolan flip up helmet, and I love the flip front. But, it is not very quiet. I had a Shoei full face before the Nolan that was much quieter. Our local dealer sells Shuebert. Maybe I will go look at them. I do know that they are pricey, but probably worth it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
On Nolan 100 models the "bolts" refered to should actually be called plugs or side clips - they're the removeable small plastic pieces that you have to pry off the sides to reach the point of screen removal - If you buy a replacement screen it should come with more detailed instructions -
otherwise:
http://www.nolan.it
They can actually answer questions if you ask.... :p

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, what I may do is go to the dealer where I bought the helmet and see if they can show me how to pull it. I'm sure there's someone there who knows and can give me a 'how-to'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi again Peggy Suz, if you like the idea of the flip front helmet and the integral sun visor let me run this helmet past you, it's the Caberg Justissimo.. I also have one of those sat on my garage shelf, do you have this particular helmet in the States?.
That's 5 helmets and another one on the way!!..
Anyone make me an offer on this helmet, I need the space..
Size.. Large 59 60, in dark blue to match the Burgman 650.
Steve.UK.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thred20 said:
Hi again Peggy Suz, if you like the idea of the flip front helmet and the integral sun visor let me run this helmet past you, it's the Caberg Justissimo.. I also have one of those sat on my garage shelf, do you have this particular helmet in the States?.
That's 5 helmets and another one on the way!!..
Anyone make me an offer on this helmet, I need the space..
Size.. Large 59 60, in dark blue to match the Burgman 650.
Steve.UK.
Looks pretty cool:
(Formerly known as the Jarow Mono X2)

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcyc ... ustissimo/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts