Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a motorcycle fatality in our small town, due to head injuries (no helmets) I feel it's time I open up my wallet and ad 2 more helmets to my collection of the 12 exsisting helmets I already have. I have a lot of HJCs, a couple Bells, an off brand or 2 and my best is a Troy Lee, but that is a moto helmet.
I'm thinking full face, MAYBE modular, must cool very well, be quiet, have a sun shield, and be of great quality. So far I'm looking at Shoei, but there are so many models. Does anyone have first hand experience with one? Suggestions? I'd like to get 2 of them and keep it around $1000.00 or so.
Thanks,
Mike and Lynda.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Shoei Neotec, best helmet I've ever owned. It has all the features you want but it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
LS2

Not expensive but all the features I am impressed with mine and it was $100 delivered

I am not a road racer and I am not twenty one anymore I want light weight, protection and ease of use. Also, I don't want to cry if it gets dropped

Blakers

Ps I really like the click style chin strap Like a ski boot Easy to do one handed or with gloves

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a shoei GT-Air and 1200. the GT-Air has the sun shield and I love it. It is a little heavier than the 1200 but I don't seem to notice it after awhile. Both are supposed to have high air flow but I can't say that I am impressed with either in that regard but since these are my first helmets I have nothing to compare it to. I just figure a full face is going to be warm in the summer. I usually crack the face shield a bit to get air flow coming in. the Neotec is what you want if you want modular and the sun shield

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Shoei helmets are great if you have their pin lock system. Otherwise the will fog like no other helmet out there!!! I do like their NeoTec as it is very well balanced with no buffeting and made very well. I also like the LS2 FF-370 as it has all the same features especially that all their shields are pin lock ready and the price point is very affordable. Their quality is quite good as well too. It is not as well balanced (a little front heavy) but a tad lighter than the Shoei and no buffeting either.
Good Luck with your search.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a Shoei Qwest and have been very pleased with the helmet. I bought it because its quiet and when behind tall vehicles it doesn't headshake like my other helmets did.
If noise is a big concern be careful of the modular helmets as they are not as quiet as a standard one piece full face helmet.

Greg

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I love mine in the heat. I always have my Geigerrig on, and being ae to flip the front up and have a drink is priceless. I have a Torc T-23. It has integrated fm radio, Bluetooth, and links to a passenger helmet. Has the internal sun shield you wanted too. Just be cautious with buying from torc. Some quality issues. But, I got that sorted out and love mine now. It doesn't have the boom mic in your mouth like others. It's in the cheek pad and out if the way. Little heavy is my only complaint. But, not too terrible.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I never wore a modular before. Any big pros or cons?
I wear glasses and I can't get a full face on over them and it is a pain to put the glasses on after slipping on the helmet. BUT a flip front/modular is super easy to slip on while still wearing the glasses and then fold down the front when ready to ride. This was the reason why I went to one but the flip front comes in handy at other times too. For instance a quick fuel stop or a drive through.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts