Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Minnesota, had a Yami Riva 125 & 180 a few years back, (loved them both just not enough gooooooooooo). Decided that I want to get a scooter again. Undecided as to what size or brand. I've found this site very useful and still finding my way around. Can anyone point me towards some other sites that relate to some of the other scooters around? I would like to see what other people that partial towards their particular brand have to say, (no offense). To be honest I had been thinking about a Honda SW, but after looking around here I've re-thunk things a bit. The Burg looks like a very nice scoot. Anyways I hope to find lots of useful information to aid in my decision.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome to the group moparmedic. :D Hopefully you will find what you want, even if it is a Silverwing. There are several members here that have owned/ridden the Wing, so they could tell you the differences between them and make your decision a little easier 8)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Welcome medic. Feel free to look around. Specific questions get responded to quickly here, so ask away.

Steve

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whereabouts in MN are you, moparmedic? Are you aware of the MinnMax group? They have members with SWings and Burgies, mostly in or around the twin cities. Talking to them personally might help in your decision making. I live in North Mankato and if you are nearby, I'd be happy to discuss scooters with you, but you'll find me very biased! (But with good reason - the Burgman beats the Swing hands down, no contest!)

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums moparmedic. Glad to have you join us. When I was starting to buy a scooter, I looked at information on the web about them. I didn't find any forum better than this one for information. We may be a little biased toward the Burgmans ... but you'll get a lot of good information here from a some experienced riders.

Using google and the keywords 'Honda silverwing forum' brought up several resources including a list of yahoo scooter forums.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hello Minnesota!

Welcome to BurgmanUSA and the world of Maxiscooterdom! (Is that a real word?)

As mentioned by Burger Bob, there is a group of big scoot riders in the greater Twin Cities area. Minn-Max, Minnesota Maxiscooter Riders is an informal group of folk who ride together a couple of times a month during the warmer weather. Our group includes all kinds of people and machines, from Piaggio BV-200 up through the Suzuki Burgman 650 and many models in between. Stop by our website and check us out. Feel free to ask questions on any of the touring class scooters. I have no doubt that you will find someone at Minn-Max that rides or at least rode whatever machine you might want to know about.

Also, if you can get a hold of the last too issues of Scoot! Magazine you will find some additional information. In the Spring 2005 issue they have a New Scooter Buyer's Guide with a pretty comprehensive listing of scoots of all shapes and sizes for sale in the U.S. In the Winter 2004 issue they feature a piece reviewing a number of maxiscooters. If you are in the Twin Cities, Scooterville carries Scoot! including many back issues.

By the way, the reviewers from Scoot! Magazine rated the Suzuki Burgman 650 and the Aprilia Scarabeo 500 highest of the machines they tested, which for some reason did not include a Burgman 400.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Moparmedic. I love my Suzuki. I love old Mopars too! I think you're looking at and thinking about the "correct" scooter! No matter what you decide on though - keep us posted!
Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts