Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forumites.

I just joined yesterday. Since I made a few posts already, and felt I should introduce myself.

Including dirt bikes in my early teens, I've been riding for 35 years. Been all over the country mostly on BMW's. Currently riding a Honda ST1300 although I still have a 1965 BMW in the garage. Usually there are several bikes in my arsenal, but have trimmed down over that last few years.

I'm thinking about adding a Burgman for just puttin' around the back roads and errand running. Looking at both the 400 and the 650. Most of my riding will be two-up. I like the 650 for the power and the 400 for the softer suspension. Don't need lots of power for interstate because I'm keeping the ST.

There you have it,
Mike

·
Registered
355 Posts
Greetings! Welcome to the best forum I've found!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Mike

How tall are you and what inseam? - a good determinant to the likely suitability if the 400 which in all other respects looks as though it would meet your user requirements.

Welcome BTW :hello2:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome, Mike! I just sold my ST1300 ... too much arthritis in my hands and knees and the ST riding position became too painful. I bought the STeed STicks, which helped some, but not enough. So, 2 weeks ago I bought the Burgman 650. I am very pleased to say that it is comfortable and OH-SO-FUN in the twisties. You know that the twisties is where the ST really shines. The Burgman is very nimble, quick, and a great compromise for me...Comfort and handling. I can cruise at 70-80 mph all day and keep up with the GL1800s I ride with. I passed a car on my last ride and decided to see how fast the Burg would go. At 99 indicated, I had to slow down because I had caught up to my husband on his 1800. I still had throttle left, but ran out of space. The Burgman was stable and smooth. Sweeeeeet bike. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Sorry about the late welcome......I somehow missed this post for 5 days :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts