Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I tried to get an extra key made for my givi box. Multiple keys were cut at the locksmith without luck. Is there a place to order new keys?
I do not know what model givi box I have. Did not see a model number last I looked. It is on an 07 650. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I believe you have to order a lock set, they are inexpensive.

I recently ordered a 'three matched lock set' because I was fed up messing about with two different keys for top box and side cases. I now have more keys than I know what to do with.:)

If you have side cases planned for the future - spring for a matched set now. Easy peasy to swap out - they come with simple instructions.

I got mine from an eBay seller - they were genuine givi parts.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yep, I bought a full set (three locks and six keys) a couple of years ago for $30 direct from Givi. My only wish is that they made a 5 cylinder set as I have two sets of hard bags that I use depending on if I am riding local or if I am riding long distance.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the problem, he could not get it cut just right. I may order the set with new keys.
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Try another locksmith.

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I had my new GIVI key make, I brought the box into the locksmith so he could look at it. We ended up using a blank key code "ILCO B59 X162".

You do need to go to a full service locksmith. A locksmith in a Kiosk probably would not cut it. (Did I just say that?)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
2 different locksmith try copy GIVI key for me with different aftermarket blank, not successful, they both say something special about GIVI key and scratch head, when use replacement GIVI blank me order for $7.00 it then work perfectly when cut with what left with metal part.

If you still have metal end of GIVI key, do this.

Perhap previous owner have metal part of broken GIVI key.

Look at different top box model on GIVI web site for identify your model.

Perhap with top box in hand locksmith fit other type / make lock in same hole.

Exemple:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the best full service locksmith in town, poor guy cut 6 blanks with no luck. My key has a couple of little nubs on the front. He could not get those to cut same size. Btw, he had no trouble matching a 70s triumph key just from the switch. Or cutting two ignition keys fit the burgle. Felt sorry just paying for those two keys. He said to come back and let him try again. May try the sets.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When I had my new GIVI key make, I brought the box into the locksmith so he could look at it.
When I had to have another key made the locksmith actually asked me to bring in the box.
He wasn't going to try without the box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts