·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the link and it works now.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
FYI, if you are in the market for 2610 mounts, BMW also sells a mount for 2610. It adds some control buttons on the left side of the mount.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dmc this mount is made by Garmin so you can get it from them, as for it working on a burg 400 it all depends on what kind of mounting system you are using and if you are using the ram mount system then you will need a different part to attach to the gramin holder. The ram part you will need to attach to the garmin holder is Mfr. P/N: RAM-B-202-G1U http://www.gpscity.com/item-npi-round-2 ... b202g1.htm

ray_ryall I believe the BMW part that has more buttons will only work with the BMW version of the garmin 2610 because of the wiring that is made to work with a BMW factory install but if you find out more about it then lets us all know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where can I get these

I want one badly.....in fact, I want two

any help will be appreciated

thanks

steve

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roy tried to pm you but it would not go through.

Do you know if this BMW mount for the 2610 with the extra buttons will work with a none BMW version of the 2610.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Roger, I think it works with all 2610s. We were talking to the BMW folks both at their display and the BMW store in Daytona during Bike Week and that is what I understood. I have not looked into it since.

I have been looking at the Lowrance iWay 100. Do you know anything about them?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do not know anything about the Lowrance iWay 100 but I do believe the 500 would be better for you at least for bikes. I was able to try out two new GPS that has the new 3D map view and I have to tell you don't like it at all. The 3D map view looks cool but does not give a good view of where you are going or if you plot a route you can not really see your next turn or where you should be going on the 3D map, for now I will stick with my Garmin 2610 with the top view but would be great if this BMW holder with the more buttons would fit my 2610.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My local BMW dealer had a counter top demo of the BMW system. The 2610 that I have fitted straight into the cradle and everything worked OK except that the additional buttons on the BMW cradle do not have any effect.

steve

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I guess it is safe to say unless you have a BMW the mount with the extra buttons will not work with other garmin units not mounted to a BMW bike.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lockable GPS holder - not safe

Hey all

I managed to locate a dealer in the UK who could supply me with the Garmin gizmo. The salesman was a really nice bloke and told me that, although he would happilly sell me one, he said that he can easily remove the unit from the locable mount and that it is not very secure.

Back to the drawing board me thinks

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts