Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made an offer on a new front wheel, the listing states fits 93 - 2010. I have a 2009 bike. Looking at drawings (I know I should of done this first) the wheel changed in 2004 with an infill around the mounting fingers. Was there a problem with the older wheel to cause the change in 2004?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Norman, you probably will be knowledgeable on this as you have done all sorts of things with wheels.

The front wheel hub changed in 2004 to be more enclosed with a slight change in part number. Would I have a problem in putting on a 2003 wheel to a 2009 bike?

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
andyrpsmith said:
Norman, you probably will be knowledgeable on this as you have done all sorts of things with wheels.

The front wheel hub changed in 2004 to be more enclosed with a slight change in part number. Would I have a problem in putting on a 2003 wheel to a 2009 bike?

Andy
I'm not Norman, but to answer your question, the 03 wheel will not work. The 03 does not have the ABS rings like the Executive. You will need a wheel from an Executive and not the Standard Burgman. I am assuming you have the Executive based on your profile.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the info, yes I have the ABS Exec version.

Kind Regards
Andy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Following the excellent advice here the seller agreed to cancel the transaction.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Sorry I was late to the forum today, but I am glad to hear you managed to pull the black and yellow handle on the transaction.

Whats up with your original front wheel - pothole?

If so is the wheel irrepairable?

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
To answer part of the question that Ken ansdered the other part of, Yes a 03 wheel will fit on a 09 Non-Exec. There are a few things the will not cross over from non-Exec to Exec. I am running 03 front and rear rims on my 08 Non-Exec.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The original front wheel is very good only a small area of paint peel, the wheel on offer was £99 so a really good back up. I usually pick up new or nearly mint parts when they crop up. I have an almost brand new second exhaust which again was less than £100. As I commute on a bike throughout the winter it pays to keep an eye open for parts that deteriorate quickly under winter salt roads.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
To be honest you may be better off taking the bike out of service when the tyres next need changing, get the tyres removed the wheels fettling and resprayed you could get both done for less than £99 if you use a reputable local shop. leave the painted wheels 48 hours and get new rubber mounted. The original one micron Suzuki paint is not fit for purpose in the UK.

I cannot fault your strategy of securing bargain buys lie, the exhaust and similar though, as long as you have the storage space it makes perfect sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts