Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I just purchased a 2007 AN650 with 20K miles a couple of days ago. I love it. I've had my M1 for almost two years now but was previously I was riding a pos 150cc chinese scooter. I had been looking for a used burgman for a long time and one finally popped up that I could afford. It's in great shape. I can't sleep at night. Want to ride!

My name is Dave. I'm 43. I've lived in southern California my whole life.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A big warm WELCOME Dave, you might be the youngest B650 rider yet ;)

You are surrounded by Burgman Riders that are members here.

Let me be the first to share this treasure chest of Info with ya :
I’ve got an 06 that just turned 10k .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link to that page. It's days later and I'm still reading it. So far I've changed engine oil and filter, transmission oil, final drive oil myself and ordered a new air filter. The previous owner said it was 5 months since he changed oil but it was very dark and the filter looked like it had been there a really long time. I measured everything that I took out. Engine was 600ml low. Transmission was only slightly low. No issues noticed so far. I am wondering if I should change oil again soon just to flush it?

I'm also looking for pdfs of the service and owners manuals. If anyone knows where they could be obtained I'm interested. I've seen posts about them here but links weren't valid or removed.

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
pdf's are wondermous for reading on the throne, but it's real hard writing notes in the margin, manuals can be annotated with helpful hints like "remove cat from underseat storage area after reconnecting battery" or " use 1/2 inch drive instead of 1/4 drive ratchet for poundy thing when removing axle"

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
pdf's are wondermous for reading on the throne, but it's real hard writing notes in the margin, manuals can be annotated with helpful hints like "remove cat from underseat storage area after reconnecting battery" or " use 1/2 inch drive instead of 1/4 drive ratchet for poundy thing when removing axle"
also Cali is not Orange, it's purple beer colored, at least where I was.

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I just purchased a 2007 AN650 with 20K miles a couple of days ago. I love it. I've had my M1 for almost two years now but was previously I was riding a pos 150cc chinese scooter. I had been looking for a used burgman for a long time and one finally popped up that I could afford. It's in great shape. I can't sleep at night. Want to ride!

My name is Dave. I'm 43. I've lived in southern California my whole life.
Welcome Dave.
As mentioned by our esteemed colleague DarisPakar, you're probably a little younger than the norm on a Burgman but we are glad to have you here with us. Most of us went through a lot of years and other bikes before we wised up and got our Burgmans. You're out there where the suns shines all the time so you should get a lot of miles on yours. Just one of the many great things about this forum is the breadth of knowledge and experienced riders here. Please ask if there are any questions about your bike and also feel fee to share your experiences riding in SoCal.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I’d take the Vin# to a Suzuki Dealership and ask them to check service history and recall status.

I wouldn’t flush it....just be ready with filter and oil on hand for its schedule change.

Flush and fill the cooling system before summer.

You might lift both tires off the ground and check if they are rolling smoothly and somewhat quietly ....listening and feeling for bearing drag. Also any play in the steering bearings.

You might put a dose of fuel injector cleaner in the next couple tanks before the pulling spark-plug for inspection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts