Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, My name is Clem and I am a new member and a very impressed owner of a Burgman 650 2007 model. I have owned a Gold Wing GL1800 for many years and done over 100 thousand kms mainly touring Australia and after many years I had sold my Wing only because we no longer travel that much any more BUT!! This Burgman is really something ha? Any way here in Australia there isn't any clubs or any place were I could meet people with the same interest like me and this is sad, so here I am with lots of questions and very king to enjoy my new "Wing"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello Clem, and g'day from Texas, the US version of "down under". Lots of good info found
on this site.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Tampa, Florida, Clem! My 650 is also an '07, though I came from the sport touring world and a Kawasaki Concours. I've owned four of them ('00, '01, '03, and '04) over the last 12 years. I'd been looking at the Burgmans for several years now, and actually buying one to replace a wrecked Connie was the best move I've made in years. You're going to love yours.

And this forum is an excellent place to discover all of that stuff which isn't in the manual. Glad you found us, Clem - it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hello Clem, and g'day from Texas, the US version of "down under". Lots of good info found
on this site.
hehehe texas will not be the US version of Australia till you lose your right to open carry like we use to have, I hope you defend that right. LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Clem,
Firstly welcome from a Croweater. You're wrong re local groups, in Brisbane you have a very strong mob http://www.maxitag.org/ ,a nice bunch of blokes.
Also a bunch of us Sth Ozzies are riding to Jindabyne in early March for this: http://nationalscooterrally.org.au/
Maybe we can meet on the road sometime

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles, Ca.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome Clem.

As Lazyacre said there are groups around and there are several Aussie members active here on BUSA. Just ask any questions you have and you will get great answers here.

I am in Port Douglas, one hour north of Cairns, in Far North Queensland so if you feel like a ride up north just let me know

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everybody, My name is Clem and I am a new member and a very impressed owner of a Burgman 650 2007 model. I have owned a Gold Wing GL1800 for many years and done over 100 thousand kms mainly touring Australia and after many years I had sold my Wing only because we no longer travel that much any more BUT!! This Burgman is really something ha? Any way here in Australia there isn't any clubs or any place were I could meet people with the same interest like me and this is sad, so here I am with lots of questions and very king to enjoy my new "Wing"
Hey Clem, check out maxitag on face book you will get some rides & info there.

chatts. :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Any way here in Australia there isn't any clubs or any place were I could meet people with the same interest like me and this is sad, so here I am with lots of questions and very king to enjoy my new "Wing"
http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Modern-Scooter-Club/

This looks like a real nice scooter group Melbourne. Having a 650, you should try the MC groups as well. It looks like there are several of them. Just make sure they are cool with scoots. Some cruiser and sport bike groups may not want a scooter tagging along.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
BIG GRIN! Referring a Brisbane Rider to a Melbourne riding group is like referring a Los Angeles rider to an Anchorage Alaska group. 2000km away :)
1686km actually. Come on, that's only 1k miles or so. Couple days ride tops. Lol. Los Angeles to Anchorage, however, is more like 3500 miles.

Sorry, I got the wrong city. I was really just trying to introduce www.meetup.com.

Here, how about this group...

http://www.meetup.com/No-Crap-Cruiser-Tourer-Riders/

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome...Cairns and Canada rider here.
Burgman 650 is in Canada hibernating while the ST1100 and KLR650 get run for three months up here.

Might be taking the ST1100 down to Brisbane once the wet is over...have family there and would base day rides from there.

Happy to do some local rides.

Buddy up here rides a 650 Burgman .....I keep going to get on the wrong machine :D

They are surprisingly similar rides.

Burgman much easier in the city and traffic.....power of the ST is nice to have but not a lot of difference up to 120.

Stay in touch.

BikerSmurf is in Brisbane and he's on here as well but away I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts