Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I traded in my Suzuki intruder 800 cc for a Burgman 400 about 10 days ago.

I rode the mortorcyle about 9 month, and before that I had a 50 cc scooter.

I liked the power of intruder with gas mileage of upper 40 (48, 49, ..), but sometime in heavy traffic of stop and go, I missed the scooter ride.

So I came back to scooter, but with more power and great style!
Besides, great storage capacity and 60-70 mpg seems to be a huge plus these days...

So far, I am still in the middle of break-in with 260 miles on it, but changed oil with less than 200 miles.

I used 10w-40 Mobile 5000 for my motorcyle as it supports the same suzuki oil specification, and cost like $1.60 at Wall-mart.
As motorcyle engine oil is more expenside than regular car engine oil, I researched, and tested on my motorcyle.

As Burgman 400 has same engine oil specs, I used the same oil for oil change, and seems like it is doing well.

After the oil change, I am doing up to mid 4000 rpm level (speed of up to 50 mph).

Well, I can't wait to hit first 600 miles!

I am very glad to join such nice people here!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome aboard kei. Glad to have you with us. Wow, from a 50cc scoot to an 800cc bike. Talk about a major change. Were those your 1st and 2nd rides ever or had you had other bikes before those?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another NOVA Burgman

Congrats! I live in Burke, VA and ride into DC everyday on my burgman. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi there Kei. I brought my Burgie 650 on July 1, 2005 and have been enjoying it ever since. I live in Woodbridge, VA and ride to Suitland, Md. Glad to know there are some Burgman riders in the area. Hope to see you on the road one day.

Happy and safe riding! :p

bacshaw

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks everyone :lol:

Yes, my first bike was E-ton 50 cc scooter, which I liked a lot, but due to it's speed limit, I decided to go for a bigger one.

And my send one was Suzuki Intruder 800, which it took a month for me to learn how to drive with shifts and everything in last December.

I took written test first, then drive in town for one and half months, and got a road test at DMV in early February, and luckily passed it at fist try.
Since all motorcyle couse were closed until March, and most of courses were already bookes up to this fall, I had no choise...

Intruder was great for highway riding, but when it comes to stop and go or two-up riding, it was not great. (I did not put any posting in Intruder forum, but visited several times)

I guees the Burgman is the perfect solution to have those two previous bike's merits I enjoyed, and no negatives so far I can see.

So I am a very happy rider with the Burg400!

And again, thanks for all your welcomes, and very glad to be part of the great TEAM!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome, Kei!

There are a few of us in the DC area.

Search for posting "Any Burgmanners in the Washington, DC area?"

Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Kei and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new 400.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts