Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overboots worked as advertised, a little difficult to put on with shoes on, and yet to be determined about durability.
Frog Toggs, I ordered xl , I'm a large, should have gone 2xl or maybe 3 since I wanted it to cover my backpack as well. So backpack under seat, I rode home from gym, about 8 to 16 miles dependin on how the burgie felt that day. I got into 3 rainbursts, one was hard enough to barely be able to see the 18 wheeler I was following (to stay in his tire tracks), a good downpour. I got to the house, checked for wetness, totally drenched from the neck down to the dangly bits in the front, all the rest was dry. I put the hood up under my helmet, snapped all the buttons and zipper was closed all the way up to the top, I did not tie the hood, just had it under the helmet. I did have to raise the visor a couple times to defog at stop lights but not for a huge amount of time.
What else can be done to keep the jools dry ? rubber panties? Kinda hard to put them on beside the road, Leo gits aggravated bout that kinda thang.

· Registered
1,592 Posts
", I rode home from gym"

happy youre in it. like we spoke about your training in the past. hope its going well

ive never had a rain pants that held up to heavy and prolonged rain. it always drips into the boxers. the fabric is thin and rain penetrates after some time.

I want to find a super thick pair..not insulation layered inside for warmth as thats not priority, but the outside fabric itslef which is super thin....have that super thick so rain doesnt penetrate. in heavy rain, I ride with 2 pairs of pants.

always get the super sized pants because when you sit, you will need it a bit higher in the seat, and a little lower down to cover the shoes/boots

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I got a couple more pounds of weight on the bar, have to use machines a lot, way lot more than I want, I've found my lower back injury and my torn meniscus are limiting what I can do with free weights, stinks when you can curl a 40 but can't carry it to a bench or stand up and hold one in each hand 💩
pants for frog togs did ok but it was a short ride, I'll let you know when I make an extended wet run

Reactions: s-steel

· Super Moderator
1,852 Posts
Guess ya could get a scooter apron like a Termoscud or something.
Far as rubber panties go, it does seem like Daris wants to help ya pick something out.
Post pics if ya do. Dave's reaction should be priceless. 😁

· Administrator
16,968 Posts
Nekid Burgman pictures are OK.... Nekid MikeyM pictures, Not so much.

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the ride home today I found frog toggs do work much better when you wear them than when you leave them home to dry off. Wallet and shoes rained full, helmet was not, I dumped the water outta it before I put it on :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Tromper

· Premium Member
4,249 Posts
I think if you change your gym time to right after the morning rush or after the evening rush you’ll find that it doesn’t rain as much. It seems that it rains at the peak of the heat and humidity in South Florida….

Consult a couple weather apps with your morning beverage.

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think if you change your gym time to right after the morning rush or after the evening rush you’ll find that it doesn’t rain as much. It seems that it rains at the peak of the heat and humidity in South Florida….

Consult a couple weather apps with your morning beverage.
yer right about timing, unfortunately, my gym timetable is tied to my insulin shot timetable

· Registered
1,592 Posts
I dont know the mindset of needing to do free weights. you CAN build a great body only with machines . you might consider to do isolation movements with free weights which dont require going heavy. cable movements are great too. I prefer machines so I can keep better form. pain in my shoulder from lots of military press, left battle damage over the years.

maybe smith machine is also another alternative you can add in. im more machines than free today. use some strap or sleeve support on the knees when doing legs. dont do hack squats or lunges, or squats. try leg press with some knee straps. make sure youre warmed up well. do some research.

dont neglect the back. even if it hurts, do some light movements. maybe some good mornings and doing stretches? people say I dont want to hurt my back but in fact you should work on the back (lower is very important) so that its strong. the lower back and abdomin are core parts that give support so critical theyre trained too. a little crunch a few good mornings. fine tune your diet slowly slowly over time. transition to more water to your diet. maybe a minerals complex supplement. magnesium potassium zinc. d3/ calcium is also cheap and worthwhile and basics as we get older.maybe consider glucosamine and choindrotin sulfate for the cartalidge and maybe omega 3. just throwing ideas at you. research and check if they fit your needs. overall good job!good for you buddy.

· Premium Member
8,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to recommend starting with 10 minutes of Tai Chi then a brisk 30 minute walk to a swimming pool for a 20 minute swim….while thinking….it sure would be nice if it rained.
I don't drink tai chi, it has water innit

Reactions: DarisPakar
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.