Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
Well, there is lots of room in that rear wheel area. :D

As a commuter, that's a tremendous bike, much like a mini-Goldwing. Full fairing in front to keep the cold wind and rain off of you. Underseat storage is only 22 liters, but it's enough for everyday stuff. Add a medium sized top box and side cases, and you could take your laptop and lunch with you easily.

Those same storage areas would work nicely for touring as well. Lots of range. The full fairing will keep you from getting tired on all day rides.

I see a lot to like, and few negatives. And...it's not what I wish could be manufactured by someone. It's there already. Now to get it in the colonies.

Chris

Reactions: s-steel and Dave_J

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, there is lots of room in that rear wheel area. :D

As a commuter, that's a tremendous bike, much like a mini-Goldwing. Full fairing in front to keep the cold wind and rain off of you. Underseat storage is only 22 liters, but it's enough for everyday stuff. Add a medium sized top box and side cases, and you could take your laptop and lunch with you easily.

Those same storage areas would work nicely for touring as well. Lots of range. The full fairing will keep you from getting tired on all day rides.

I see a lot to like, and few negatives. And...it's not what I wish could be manufactured by someone. It's there already. Now to get it in the colonies.

Chris
Not sure why but none the the big Japanese like giving us mega scooters , or if they do with no color options

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
Not sure why but none the the big Japanese like giving us mega scooters , or if they do with no color options
Economics 101 ...Supply and Demand. No demand, then no supply.

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Economics 101 ...Supply and Demand. No demand, then no supply.

Chris
true, but hard to demand something when there is no supply to look at

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
They can look at the sales figures for similar products on the market. As much as I loved my Suzuki Burgman 400, the rest of the world wasn't standing in line trying to buy one. It sold...but not as much as a sport bike or adventure bike does. The Yamaha T-Max was one I loved. The Yamaha Majesty was a hot product that competed with the B400. But Yamaha discontinued both years ago. I just looked at the Yamaha scooter page and it looks like the largest scooter they sell is a 300cc model.

So with limited funds to market and provide the parts supply for a maxi-scooter...would you risk your career putting a brand new maxi-scooter into a market that loves adventure bikes?

Chris

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Agreed, Daboo. so how do we cross the bridge of, I won't buy till I can see one and have support if something breaks, and I won't sell one unless there is an established market where the consumer takes all risk? This is why I'm not on an electric.

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
Moto Guzzi makes it work somehow. It would be interesting to see what it would take for your local Honda dealer to import the Forza 750.

Many of the components are common with the NC750X, so it wouldn't be like you're totally out of luck if something breaks. And with the way motorcycles are pretty reliable, there's a good chance you wouldn't need any specialized parts.

As for an electric bike, it'd work as a commuter or dirt bike...but would not work for touring anywhere. And it wouldn't work well in California where they have rolling power outages in just trying to keep the lights on.

Chris

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
good to see you jump back every little while Daboo. where you been?

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
Where have I been? Riding. :D

I think you can view these threads without having to join. If not, let me know.
There were a few more trips, but this will help you pass the time if it is raining outside and cold. ;)

So far, I've put 14,000+ miles on the bike this year with two more months to go. In the Spring with things locked down, things at church and the prison came to a screeching halt. But I still put on a few miles daily going over to my 93 year old father-in-law to give him an injection of antibiotics. He had a really serious foot infection that wasn't going away.

Then there was an un-rally over in Kamiah, ID that a few of us went to anyway. Imagine my surprise at seeing this KOA resort filled with RVs! I think the five or six of us that showed up were the first motel customers in months. But those with RVs were definitely getting out.

That was in May. In June, I went over to visit a friend on the other side of the state. He had a little get-together for just a few of us. Great time, with good friends. At the end of the month, I headed over to the Badlands. I'd missed the tiny un-rally the ST-Owners had because our youngest daughter came into town after months of being away, but the trip was still worth doing. That's the first link above. Fantastic ride.

There was some other rides linked above and some that I couldn't get direct links to. I cancelled a ride down to Death Valley in the beginning of April because of the lockdowns. It seems kind of silly, but I was willing to ride a couple thousand miles to have some barbecue with friends. :D :D :D

What I've found with the lockdowns is that you can still ride...if you're smart about what you're doing. I follow the same rules I have for 20 years in the prisons. Don't touch your face. And when you get out of the environment (like leave the prison), you wash your hands. It's habit, and it has served me well in my travels.

Gas has not been a problem. My only "problem" has been that I don't always sanitize my hands before touching anything else after putting the nozzle away. I might unzip my tank bag, use my pen to write down my mileage, touch my gloves...and then realize I haven't used the hand sanitizer. It makes me wonder how communicable the coronavirus really is. Because if it was as bad as the MSM put it, I should have had it by now. Even though I'm careful, I'm not perfect. And if you think about it, the local gas station puts you as much at risk as if you had traveled a couple hundred miles to somewhere else and filled up.

FWIW, the BMW F800GT I have has served me well. At 5'6", it fits me perfectly. It's 470 lbs wet, but feels much lighter than my Burgman 400s did, even at the same weight. With a couple mods, it is a breeze to cross a state with, or to hit the twisty parts along the way. If you're looking to get back to bikes with a clutch, this should be a bike on your short list. At 64K, it still runs like new.

So I've been out and about. Oh, and while I haven't been able to get into the prison for months now, I got involved with teaching a Bible study in Damascus House, a Christian based recovery home for alcoholics and drug addicts. On Tuesday evenings, my wife and I host a small Life Group in our home. And on Thursday evenings, I host a men's Life Group.

I'm not sure what the future holds...just waiting to see where God leads. :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Is the Honda X-ADV and the Forza 750 the same bike under a different name?

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,675 Posts
Maybe, or perhaps a bit more like the Honda NC750D Integra slightly restyled and re-badged as the new Forza 750. Especially since it is more of a street bike rather than an adventure bike. Not that there is a lot of difference between any of these 3.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,023 Posts
Is it just me or do these really look intriguing? The few shots with a top box and bags really looks good. It doesn't look like they compare to the Burgman in under seat storage but they still look good. I would like to try the DCT.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just joined this forum as someone thinking about a Burgman in the near future. My current ride is a 2016 Goldwing, which is an amazing motorcycle that I love, but I know that at age 77 I won't be comfortable forever with this 920 pound two wheeler. So in thinking about what I get next, the Burgman 650, or possibly the 400 has crossed my mind. Years ago I owned a Honda Silverwing, and I really enjoyed that scooter but wished that Honda would have upped the engine on that ride. This Forza 750 seems almost like the perfect solution but its no solution at all if it does not come to the U.S. From the photo of this 750 I cannot tell if the seat height is too tall for me. As a short person, 5'7" with a 29 inch inseam, my choices of my ride are more limited than they are for taller folks. I will not buy a bike where I cannot keep my feet flat on the ground at a stop. The weight of my Goldwing is very manageable for me because of the low seat height (at least most of the time its easily manageable, but if my foot slips, or I am on a sloping surface, once the bike starts to lean its far too heavy for me to ensure that it does not go down). This is the main reason I am considering a Burgman, which while heavy relative to most bikes, is a lightweight compared to the Goldwing. It would be nice to have some more options like this Forza 750.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Retired Army, seat height is 31 inches, same as 650, (?????) I agree, both feet need to be flat on the deck, but I could borrow the S/O's "workin shoes"

21 - 36 of 36 Posts