Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like it has all the bells and whistles from what I could gather. Might be a bit short in under seat storage. Honda probably won't offer it for sale in the US. Just like we didn't get the X-ADV. The 650 Burgman is great but it is getting a bit long of tooth.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
It sounds more motorcyclely then scooterly. A wolf in sheep's clothing? A starting price of at least 9000.00 Euros or $10,500.00 US. 518 lbs wet. Here is a good article that talks about the NC line of twins which this is the latest incarnation.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
i'm seeing a top speed advertised at 85 mph, while that is above the legal limit,,,, and if it is not really as fast as advertised, (ya think?) there are hiways i've been on (at least once a month) that would make me uncomfortable moving that slow, heck, downtown miami does 80 mph stoplight to stoplight

Reactions: Yogi1234

·
Registered
210 Posts
i'm seeing a top speed advertised at 85 mph, while that is above the legal limit,,,, and if it is not really as fast as advertised, (ya think?) there are hiways i've been on (at least once a month) that would make me uncomfortable moving that slow, heck, downtown miami does 80 mph stoplight to stoplight
Nein. That’s for the 330cc version

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like it has all the bells and whistles from what I could gather. Might be a bit short in under seat storage. Honda probably won't offer it for sale in the US. The 650 Burgman is great but it is getting a bit long of tooth.
I like what i see

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Nein. That’s for the 330cc version
that's what i thought too, went to a 750 site, different from the one here, it said same, don't make sense.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Lazy Advert writers just 'Copy-Paste' and don't think the real information is important.
Unless they really changed the gearing most NC750 engine based bikes can do 120 MPH (200 Kph)

Reactions: rjs987 and s-steel

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well having owned an X-Adv it's pretty much the same bike with scooter bodywork perhaps a bit more storage different dash and scooter bars. Does make it more appealing to us scooteristi. Shame the storage isn't bigger but with the DCT system they are limited for room. The engine/DCT set up is very good as per the X-Adv bit more leg room as well. I like it. When I do a DaveJ and kill my my 650 😁 I could well be tempted.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Well having owned an X-Adv it's pretty much the same bike with scooter bodywork perhaps a bit more storage different dash and scooter bars. Does make it more appealing to us scooteristi. Shame the storage isn't bigger but with the DCT system they are limited for room. The engine/DCT set up is very good as per the X-Adv bit more leg room as well. I like it.
When I do a DaveJ and kill my my 650 😁 I could well be tempted.
:oops:

;)
Its one that if it comes to USA and I needed another bike I'd look one over.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Another link and set of pics for fun.
Looks like it'd check a couple boxes the CTX doesn't for me. Especially if they release it in that blue, not monochrome or red.
Still, like others, I have doubts we'll see it here.

The New 2021 Honda Forza 750 Is Here And Ready To Rock
:)

Just keep in mind that the MPG in this report is Imperial MPG and not US MPG. I think it will be around 55 US MPG.
The range of 225 miles will be the same due to the volume used is 1 tank no matter how you fill it in England or USA, its still a tank full and a mile is still a mile.....
(4.5 liters in a Imperial gallon VS 3.8 liters in a US gallon.)

"The new Forza’s energy rating hovers around the 65-mpg mark which should result in a range of about 225+ miles."

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
It rides high and the area in the middle hunp is short front to back but high. I'm 6' and it's completely a leg over mount technique. I couldn't do that after a brutal leg workout at the gym. I'm also not a fan of high bikes like motocross. I don't see the appeal of that bike.

I can't understand how the b650 is well engenireed with a lot of cargo under the seat, and these maxi scoots like the Gp800 tmax can't get enough space under the seat
Yeai understand big motor dct yea yea but still its doable. It's because they wanted a specific body look and it wasn't priority to give it some Latina thighs. Adding a cargo box just makes the whole thing look yuck. Top boxes on the whole are yuck. They lack style and aesthetics. You'd think over the years they've been out that someone who design one to fit the looks of the bike. They're all the same disgusting look

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
sounds like hump scuffin is inevidable

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
116 Posts
It rides high and the area in the middle hunp is short front to back but high. I'm 6' and it's completely a leg over mount technique. I couldn't do that after a brutal leg workout at the gym. I'm also not a fan of high bikes like motocross. I don't see the appeal of that bike.

I can't understand how the b650 is well engenireed with a lot of cargo under the seat, and these maxi scoots like the Gp800 tmax can't get enough space under the seat
Yeai understand big motor dct yea yea but still its doable. It's because they wanted a specific body look and it wasn't priority to give it some Latina thighs. Adding a cargo box just makes the whole thing look yuck. Top boxes on the whole are yuck. They lack style and aesthetics. You'd think over the years they've been out that someone who design one to fit the looks of the bike. They're all the same disgusting look
For some reason bike designers these days want to leave a big ole empty space between the top of the rear tire and the bottom of the back end of the body. Looks sportier I guess. Looks like prime real estate for more storage to me. Another bummer for me is it is chain drive. Can't take a long trip without stopping every 1,000 miles and greasing the chain. Other than those two things I would want one. Not that we are ever going to see it here in the states.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Yes I noticed they make the back area thin and up (like super bikes) and tons of room over the tire

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
sounds like hump scuffin is inevidable
I was thinking the same thing. Honda is definitely targeting this new Forza to the die hard Hump Skuffers amongst us. And even if you are not currently a regular Scuffer, with the higher hump, it's bound to convert some non scuffers into regulars.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
they have videos of it out on yt. I just dont like honda bikes. they lack. something about their designs that really lack. no swoosh about it. no uniqueness about aesthetics. its like there were there different design teams for the sides front and back. it doesnt look like it integrates together and flows.

the gold wing is all in on design. its one chiseled piece. these others look like they were built as they went along and glued pieces on as they went on with r&d.

youre going to be doing a leg over to get on..and you better have long legs.

·
I'm Retired
9,368 Posts
I like the looks. When the Integra came out, I wanted one. Burgman 400 economy with more power. And the 65 mpg estimate in line with the fuel mileage of the NC700X and NC750X.

I'm not bothered by the space in the rear wheel area. It's probably there to give room for the suspension travel...which equates to better handling and comfort (hopefully).

Chris

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
And Chris, I bet we can Dark....

Reactions: Uncle Fester
1 - 20 of 24 Posts