Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Greenheron - well said!!!

Regarding the survival of the community, I'm more than a bit concerned by a number of long-time members who have stated they are backing away from the forum due to all the 'bashing and flaming." My question is why let a tiny, tiny minority drive you away when 99% of us appreciate the expression of your knowledge and experience?

Regarding the new forum software: I'd say 80%+ of the functionality is the same. Yes, we'll have a few new things to learn around the edges. And the Admin will have to stay on top of the identified issues and correct them (or communicate why they can't be corrected). This change is a minor inconvenience, not a Windows 8 situation :)

Finally, if it takes a few banner ads to keep this forum going - brings 'em on.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Went to the How-To thread to find the micbergsma video
on tupperware removal to get to the CTV...I was ready
to check the belt & variator rollers.....
NONE of the links to his youtube videos would work...
Also...when getting to the end of a thread, there is no way
to get back to the beginning of the thread, without scrolling
back up.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Are our premium paid memberships gone and all related forums, features, perks, etc? People who had paid memberships are already running into photo and PM limits that were expanded for paid members.
Admin? A lot of us paid for membership here. While the information from the site has been invaluable, I'd like to know what my Lifetime Silver Charter membership benefits are now.

Steve

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
not sure who is monitoring the comments on this thread, but this upgrade was very poorly planned.

I can understand the need to upgrade the software and use the same thing that the company uses for all its other forums.

At this point I want to know what is going to happen to the storage issue for the PM box and attachment boxes. The quotas seem to have changed.

I can delete a lot of the PMs which I had been keeping for historical reference.

However, it's a different story with the attachments, once one deletes them, they disappear from all the threads in which they were used for documentation purposes.

kind of wondering where we are headed in terms of addressing some of the issues that everybody is struggling with? Maybe they aren't issues under the new forum?

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Admin? A lot of us paid for membership here. While the information from the site has been invaluable, I'd like to know what my Lifetime Silver Charter membership benefits are now.

Steve
The silver memberships is something we can develop now with this software where we could not as easily before. I am going to see what we can add to the program and re add it.

not sure who is monitoring the comments on this thread, but this upgrade was very poorly planned.

I can understand the need to upgrade the software and use the same thing that the company uses for all its other forums.

At this point I want to know what is going to happen to the storage issue for the PM box and attachment boxes. The quotas seem to have changed.

I can delete a lot of the PMs which I had been keeping for historical reference.

However, it's a different story with the attachments, once one deletes them, they disappear from all the threads in which they were used for documentation purposes.

kind of wondering where we are headed in terms of addressing some of the issues that everybody is struggling with? Maybe they aren't issues under the new forum?
I am looking into the limits and will fix them shortly.

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,251 Posts
Thank you Dwayne for looking into this for us - I think we are getting somewhere now, albeit we are not fully 'recovered'.

I want to discuss membership issues and privileges as well as address the legacy issues. I will create an admin/mod thread to take this forward.

·
Super Moderator
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Bike type can now be edited here:
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile
When the field is completed, the information is shown alongside all their forum posts.

It will now show the thread starter date on forum display pages.

Attachment thumbnails should now show up for older images. They will be auto-generated for new attachments uploaded.

Thanks,
Dwayn

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I am looking into the limits and will fix them shortly.
thanks
thank you, greatly appreciated it, I am sure you have a lot on your plate right now.

Just added the bike type field and it works like a charm... great job.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Question on photo albums...................

hello everyone,

please post any issues, bugs, errors or features you want to see added in this threads .

Thanks,
dwayn
can a member have either more than just 1 album .........or.........add more than only 10 photos/album...........???????

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I sent a PM to the admin when they had just upgraded the site with the new software, expressing my concerns about the product and version being used, since it has security vulnerabilities that may allow at least user's data theft. since its been awhile and received no response, I'm putting this here so everybody is aware of risks.

on the other hand, the category:

Suzuki Burgman Forum > Gear and Accessories > GIVI Motorcycle accessories.

looks to be gone, look at here: http://burgmanusa.com/forums/5-gear-accessories/

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Sometimes I'll get an ad pop up on the right side and it is overlaying the top command line where the "forum commands" are located and there is no way to get rid of the ad to be able to use the functions. It is a real PIA!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It would be nice to see a members search by location!

It would even be better if everyone would put in their location in a standard format such as country, state/province, city, zip or similar. It would be even better if these were different fields for country, state, city and maybe zip! Just wishing! I would think country and state/province could be required fields in initial registration.

Site is really great and new software looks and seems to work well!

Thanks for all the work to get it where it is!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.