41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Maybe....

Bold = Not Read
correct

I agree with this, it's difficult to tell at just a glance whether the post has an open envelope symbol or a closed on. Maybe if you made them different contrasting colors or something like that.
I am workign on changing the symbols. I have to get new logos created.

Thanks,
Dwayn

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
When attaching pictures, vBulletin shows them by default as attachments, instead of displaying them automagically, is there any chance of setting that up?

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
When I go to the thread Who Are You Where Are You From,
I have tried clicking on every topic in bold print, & then going back
to the thread header, as if read, & the bold is still there... I cannot clear it....
cannot clear the green symbol.

·
Premium Member
14,483 Posts
I'm happy to see that you have set the colors on the thread symbols so read ones are now blue and unread ones yellow. That makes it a lot easier. Now if you would just do something about the hot post symbol. Read and Unread on it are still the same color.

I don't know about everyone else but personally I don't see any need for the hot post symbol anyway. I'm not sure what the criteria for setting a post as a "hot post" is but in many of the forums just about every post on the first page is a "hot post". That kind of makes it useless information. For that matter I consider it useless anyway because I don't decide to read a post just because everyone else is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
After the software update I was no longer able to access my original username/password - lloyd123. I sent the emails to send me the login info but never received any replies. I created a new username but had to use a different email to create as the registration process says that email is already being used - yes, by the account I can't access.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
can we reset the edit limit to 1 hour like it used to be, it is using the default 10 minutes now... which makes it difficult to edit long posts...

have the quotas changed for the attached pics... I am over the limits on everything all of a sudden. I can go ahead and delete all those pics but they will disappear from all the threads where they were used....

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I can't even FIND the Reply With Quote, or the Edit Reply !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
.....or EDIT POST.......

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
can we reset the edit limit to 1 hour like it used to be, it is using the default 10 minutes now... which makes it difficult to edit long posts...

have the quotas changed for the attached pics... I am over the limits on everything all of a sudden. I can go ahead and delete all those pics but they will disappear from all the threads where they were used....
It would be a disaster if you had to delete pictures.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I really like the fact that the owners never come on the site but suddenly change the software without warning. Now they are trying to figure out everything they screwed up... Nice Job... Kind of like the instruction manual being read after the item is already assembled the wrong way. Not a rant, just the truth...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Why do the sponsors want to know my insurance company in my profile, and what are the questions to go along with the two "yes" answers I'm answering by default. :)

I liked knowing what members were riding. I've got mine in my sig, but many don't. Please add this back to the profile info.

Are our premium paid memberships gone and all related forums, features, perks, etc? People who had paid memberships are already running into photo and PM limits that were expanded for paid members. DIY posts take a lot of space, and members are already talking about deleting extremely useful images to make room for more.

Steve

·
Premium Member
54 Posts

Since the change in soft ware my avatar has gone away and I can't find it. How do I get it back. I don't have a copy of it and I hope you can replace it for me. Thanx and let me know. wwy

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I've been gone for a while so this is a big surprise. The look is clean. That's nice. It will take some getting used to the new way it operates. That's a pain. I don't know why the software changed. Maybe, like Ikonboard, there is zero support anywhere for software that was abandoned by the developers, or maybe this is just software the new owner/admin knows and can maintain, and the old forum software was strange to him.

I can live with any of it as long as our community stays together. This forum, to me, is about a community of Burgman riders. That community can only be destroyed by ourselves so long at the owner does not shut it down.

It is in the owner's interest that we like the way the forum works and he seems willing to listen to us to tweak it to our liking. Let's work with him to make it so; I haven't seen any other Burgman communities on the Web that even come close to this one.

In our lives and everywhere on the planet, CHANGE HAPPENS. Live with it, it could be worse.

Alan

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.