Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry I am on a slight rant here. But I installed Dr. P's sliders which I love-when they work correctly. I just hopped on the freeway and some of the sliders rolled on me as I was doing 8k at 65 mph. Then I could close the throttle and they would fix themselves. But, when I accelerated again they flipped on me. So now I am going to tear into the tranny again:mad:. I will order another moveable plate just in-case I took to much material off.

But, in-case this does not work and they flip on me again I will be ready to throw them out of the window. I know there is a different CVT out there-I just can't remember the name-which uses sliding pins. Can someone please let me know the name.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's prob JCosta variator. There's a new sliders design, dunno which one you have. I've got a spare pack of those, however that's for 2007+ model.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would have a read through any posts you can find on the JCosta as some have given
problems with the pins and cracking.
When you fit the slider's get everything as clean as you can and don't use any lube at all
nothing, mine flipped when I used dry lube but have been fine for thousands of miles when
assembled dry.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ralph. Maybe that is what is causing my problems. I will use some solvent liberally to wipe and clean the living heck out of it. Hopefully, this will fix the issue as I really like DR. P's.

Mike

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK guys and girls,

It was installation error. I did not understand the install photos correctly. I rotated the weights and she runs like a dream now. Thanks for the info.

Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's prob JCosta variator. There's a new sliders design, dunno which one you have. I've got a spare pack of those, however that's for 2007+ model.
I have looked all over to find the new slider design, how do you know they were redesigned or there has been a change?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I've got another product, and those came as testing samples. However the old ones work for me fine so i don't need new design and hope it will continue this way. I've already published a picture of those somewhere on the site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts