Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I just had my old stock seat redone. I'll have pic's in the gallery a.s.a.p. T&S custom seats in Fayetteville done the job. He done such a good job I'm selling the Corbin. See classsifields on this site for more information. My seat dosen't have the high back rest like my wifes dose. Her's is blue on top and dark gray around the side. Mine is jet black on top. And allmost a Burgman blue around the side. I had Blue egale stiched into the fabric of the back rest. Wilt rope to out line it. I'm pretty happy with it. I rode 200miles Saturday & another 200 mile ride Sunday. No problems. Anyway i'll have pic's as soon as i can. :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
man, I'm dying for a pic, I wondered why you were selling the corbin. Were you not happy with the corbin? Did you lose any trunk space like with the Corbin? I really want to see you and Margerets seat in person, I may come have him do mine. Mama's seat looks kick-ass!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gunrun69 said:
, I wondered why you were selling the corbin. Were you not happy with the corbin? Did you lose any trunk space like with the Corbin? I really want to see you and Margerets seat in person, I may come have him do mine. Mama's seat looks kick-ass!
I was happy with Corbin as far as the ride of the seat. I did lose trunk space with it. Which didn't make me happy at all. But i got all that space back when i got my seat redone. The worst thing about the Corbin was the height of the seat got rasied. I noticed that you live in the Broken Arrow area. I got family over in the Keystone area. Maybe one of these days we can come over and meet. I love to see you scoot and talk burgnum. Moma and myself ride all over the place. Are you coming to scootercade?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Oh absolutely I want to meet and ride, we were just talking about the plans to come to scootercade this year. I'm excited about meeting some of the people who have been such a big part in me getting a Burgman ( my first big bike ) I love it and never get tired of talking about my ride and about riding, it is so much a part of my life now. I've been looking forward to meeting you and Margeret. My wife Mona wants to get a 400 also. She started riding with me and has got the bug too. I would like to do the Jasper ride at Scootercade if we can also. I'm looking forward to meeting Pauljo and Billmeek and some of the others who have selflessly shared their knowledge and experiences with all of us and answered questions so quickly, I can't say enough about how impressed I've been with the moderators and quality of this site! Greengoose, (still riding the Burgie at all?) you did a great service to all of us with this site. I don't know about you but I feel much closer to my Cannuck neighbors to the north since being a member here. I got too busy riding to post for a while but I've been here for a long time. ( kinda irks me that it still says new member by my name when I've watched this site grow to be what it is today ) I've shared so many laughs and experiences with them that I feel I know some of these folks, they seem like old friends, you know what I mean? Let's meet and ride together as soon as possible, I wonder if we could get Pauljo to come join in...

·
Registered
201 Posts
doug collins said:
:D I just had my old stock seat redone. I'll have pic's in the gallery a.s.a.p. T&S custom seats in Fayetteville done the job. He done such a good job I'm selling the Corbin. See classsifields on this site for more information. My seat dosen't have the high back rest like my wifes dose. Her's is blue on top and dark gray around the side. Mine is jet black on top. And allmost a Burgman blue around the side. I had Blue egale stiched into the fabric of the back rest. Wilt rope to out line it. I'm pretty happy with it. I rode 200miles Saturday & another 200 mile ride Sunday. No problems. Anyway i'll have pic's as soon as i can. :D
I looked at "Margaret's" seat and I loved it. I e-mailed them a week ago but no response. Do you have their e-mail addy? Thanks and enjoy your new seat.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't have an E-mail for Doug & Margaret, but i Googled it and found this:T S Custom Cycle Seats Sales
(479) 521-7339
2607 W Howard Nickell Rd
Fayetteville, AR 72704

hope it helps, I plan to talk to them myself.

By the way PRico, check this out: Your World Common Sense on foxnews.com

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guy's here is tom's e-mail address. [email protected]

Good luck he run's a one man show and is very busy. I'm lucky i lived in the area. 8)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doug, I know you said it and others have mentioned it, that the Corbin raises the seat height and sucks up some trunk space, but does it give you a wider seat to sit in? How wide is the corbin's butt space? My problem is my OEM seat feels to narrow (and hard) and I feel like I am always slipping off of it.

Thinking of buying a nice office chair, and just mounting it to the burgman!!! (minus the legs of course)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
captainfish said:
How wide is the corbin's butt space? My problem is my OEM seat feels to narrow (and hard) and I feel like I am always slipping off of it.

Thinking of buying a nice office chair, and just mounting it to the burgman!!! (minus the legs of course)

Hi Captiain, The Corbin had plenty of butt space. I'm not sure how wide it was. The Corbin is a very hard seat. But at the same time is a very comfortable seat. The first day out on it i rode over 400 miles. At that time margaret still had her stock seat. I wore her butt out. :twisted: It was funnny. Because allways before she was the one riding my butt into the ground.
I think the office chair idea is good one. 8) :lol: Thats about what Margarets seat looks like now. You can go to the gallrey and on page 3 in there and see Margarets seat. I'm soon to add pic's of my new T&S Custom myself. Good luck on what ever you decide to do. And happy & safe riding. 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
550 Posts
doug collins said:
I'm soon to add pic's of my new T&S Custom myself. Good luck on what ever you decide to do. And happy & safe riding. 8) 8) 8)
Stop teasing me Doug and put the pics on already........lol.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gunrun69 said:
Stop teasing me Doug and put the pics on already........lol.
I'm sorry but between riding and work i don't have a lot of time. I'll see what Margaret can do. :lol: Maybe by Christmas. :santa: :lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PRico02, I tried to PM you but it wouldnot work. So I am replying on this Post.

Howdy, from Arkansas. First of all I'm enjoying the seat very much. The more I ride it, the better it gets. He said sometimes it takes quite awhile to make the memory foam to mold itself to butt and legs. Now to your questions.

1) Every custom seat has a different price. Depending on what design is used and fabric. Weather it's cloth, leather, or vinyl. My seat was out of cloth. And cost $600.00. Margaret's started out at $600.00 but he lowered it some. Designs are different, color was different. So prices are relevant to what you want. It's not like Corbin where you can just order off line a standard seat. Here is a phone number (479)521-7339. He's not easy to catch up with. He does have an answering machine, leave messsage he will get back.([email protected]) is his e-mail address. I was glad I was local.

2) How many days. I gave him a deadline to meet and he got it to me one day ahead of schedule. However I gave him plenty of leway. Mine took 3 weeks. I think standard time frame might be somewhere around 7-10 days.

3) I know he ships & receives seats from all over the country. I'm sure Puerto Rico wouldn't be a problem. Contact him and he can answer all you questions. His name is Tom Simmons.

By the way you do know you'll have to send him your seat to work on it. This will mean down time for your scoot. Unless you have an extra seat. This could result in Burger withdrawals. All most as bad as drug withdrawals. :p

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks Doug,

I was thinking that my second mod might be to replace the stock bumpstopper I relocated thanks to Jac's back support modification with the back of an office chair. I could cover the chair back with some form of goretex bag or something. One problem I get is that the back protector in my jacket creates a hard point that my back rests against when sitting against the raised backrest.

I might also try and find a way to lower that modified backrest so that it is more on my lumbar section than mid-back where it is now.

So, the T&S seat has encorporated gel foam inside? Or is it a foam like on the mattress commercials?
thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
captainfish said:
Thanks Doug,

So, the T&S seat has encorporated gel foam inside? Or is it a foam like on the mattress commercials?
thanks

He says it's memory foam. He dose not use gel inserts. I'm not sure what grade this foam is. He showed me a pice of it. And it reacted just like that mattress foam. It seems to working. The seats getting better as the miles go by. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
550 Posts
pictures doug, pictures........ curiosity is killin me.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gunrun69 said:
pictures doug, pictures........ curiosity is killin me.....

:p Someone once said patience is virtue. :lol: I think that someone also said curiosity killed the cat. :lol: It's been thunder storming here all week. My scoot is dirty from all the road grime. I'll have too wait till the sun comes out. The lawn is getting hip deep. And the dog needs to feed. :lol: :lol: Million things to do. And so little time to do them. :lol: :lol: Patience grasshopper. Time heals all curiosity. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts