Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've actually been hanging out here for several years. Had a 2006 Yamaha Majesty that I put over 70,000 miles on. In March of this year (2013) I went down when I hit some gravel while going around a corner. Ended up totalling the Maj. Also had some issues because the sciatic nerve on my right side went into spasm from the impact. So that and some financials kept me from replacing the Maj. Until this week. I now have a 2013 Burgman 650. So far I'm really liking this bike. I'm sure I'll ride the heck out of this one too. So with that it looks like I'll be participating more here and less over at MajestyUSA.com.

Oh yeah. I live in Northern Virginia and tend to ride year-round. Unless the roads have ice and snow on them or the rain is going sideways, I ride.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome..............from the desert of So. Cal. around Palm Springs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Central "Ahia"!

Glad to hear you can get back on the ride - I hope you enjoy your Burgman 650 as much as I enjoy my 400!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome

I hope you like you '13 as much as I like mine........

TW

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Is there much activity on Majestyusa.com?

Welcome to the forum btw. :hello2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there much activity on Majestyusa.com?

Welcome to the forum btw. :hello2:
Not near as much as over here. Lots more people seem to ride Burgmans than the Majesty. It was an awesome bike, but I wanted to go a little bigger and wanted more power. Also wanted that new bike smell so ended up going with the 650. So far I'm really digging this bike.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Burgman ownership!!!! So glad your accident did not prevent you from buying another bike and continuing your riding career!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome from Spotsy, VA! I just put a down payment on a 2011 Burgie 400 ABS. I've been riding a SYM RV250, so this will be a step up for me. I love the SYM, but was looking for something a little bigger, but not a LOT bigger! I know the 650 is great, but I'm now officially a senior citizen with some joint problems and moving the 650 around would be pretty tough. I also worried about breaking down and the lack of SYM dealers around this area and unavailability of parts. There is a Suzuki dealership just 20 miles down the road and some nice country driving to get to it! I feel much better now. I'll still use my SYM for short trips around the local area, but will use the Burgie for longer hauls. Anyway, glad you are back riding. Good luck with that sciatic thing...sprained mine on the right side a few years back while trying to roller skate! Dumb on my part, but there was this woman...well, enough of that! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts