Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just wanted to give a shout out and thank you guys for this forum. I had been looking at different maxi-scooters (really considering an Aprilia Atlantic). Riding the burgmans and finding the wealth of information in this forum sealed the deal for me, purchased a leftover 2003 400.

Now I can't wait till the breakin period is over so I can let her stretch her legs. :D

By the way, Hershey is a great place to ride. The smell of chocolate in the air and plenty of roads where you will pass more cows than cars... If anyone is ever in the area, drop me a line.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris. This is the best place to get info on your Burgman.
cbushman said:
I had been looking at different maxi-scooters (really considering an Aprilia Atlantic).
A friend of mine, forum member JoeZeff just sold his Aprilia Atlantic after two months and bought himself a Burgman. So I think you made the right choice.

Ride safe and drop me a line if your ever in the NJ/NYC area!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Chris - welcome to the forum :wave:

Congratulations on the purchase. You are clearly a particularly discerning chap

- choosing the more nimble and svelte Burger. :wink: :lol: :wink:

The Atlantic is a nice machine but spares are even rarer than tyres for a 650 Burger. :wink:

PS: So what sort of speed do these cows in Hershey get up to then :?: :wink:

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Chris. Glad to have you with us.

As for the breakin period, I've been told the most important thing to do is vary the RPMs. Other than that, I drove mine normally.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Chris and welcome to the forum. According to previous owners of the Aprilla you did yourself a favour by going to the Burgman. I hope the 400 works out to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
806 Posts
My wife as an Aprilia 150 Scarabeo and it is a nice bike. I would have bought an Atlantic 500 'cept the dealer support from Aprilia is a nightmare. It takes months to get parts, and thats even if the parts are in the United States. The B400 is a solid, reliable machine. I am extremly impressed with the bike all the way 'round. I can't think of anything I would change.

I put a "Laminor Lip" on the bike and I am officially in heaven!!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hi Chris and welcome to the Forum. It's great to be able to see another Burgman on our PA roads.
I got my 650 a couple of months ago from Trans-Am Cycles in Litiz. I've got close to 2,000 miles on it and I love it.
I'll keep an eye out for ya the next time I get up your way. :D
Don

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Bushman,

I used to get to Hershey every week. I worked for Shaffer Trucking in New Kingstown, PA, before I retired. I used to haul 48000 pounds of candy from Hershey, PA to Waco, Texas every week. I had a sweet deal. They keep asking me to go back to work. I'm going up there next summer, I'll let you know when I'm coming. You do have some great roads for riding your scooter. Welcome to the Burgman Forum.

Happy Trails
Poppy, #482

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome Chris from Bucks Co. and congrats! If you've in the area, drop me a line.
Bryna

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome from Chester County! Have fun with your new toy. We Pennsylvania residents should all have a very enjoyable autumn (notice, I did not say "fall") when the temps decline and the leaves change. I can't wait to cruise around some of the nice country roads.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I looked at an Aprilia Atlantic 200 here in town last month.
They want $4,700 for it and it's carbureted! The panel has an FI light that
is used on the 500 version but is disconnected for the 200 which weighs
only 35 pounds less than a Burgy 400.
That spells Too Expensive and Not That High Tech.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Meet me in Gettysburg?

Hi Chris,

If you ever get over to Hanover or Gettysburg drop me a line and I will meet up with you for a ride.
Welcome and enjoy the ride.

Alan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts