Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became the happy owner of a 2005 Burgman 400 today. I rode it around my neighborhood and I still can't believe how EASY it was to ride. It was the most fun I've ever had riding on 2 wheels! I sold my 2003 Ninja 250 last weekend and decided to take the plunge and buy the Burgman 400 -- best money I've ever spent!

What's odd though, is that when the dealer uncrated the bike, it was missing the front fender and a piece of body work that fits between the windshield and the front lights. The dealer has ordered the missing parts and they should arrive in a week or so. In the mean time I'll keep on riding! :)

This is a great board and all the information available is wonderful!

If you would like to see a couple of photos, here a couple of links:
http://sonicsprings.com/catalog/images/burgman1.jpg
http://sonicsprings.com/catalog/images/burgman2.jpg

Ash :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Congratulations on the new 400. I kind of suspect that the parts got "borrowed" to repair another scooter. But who knows... As long as he gets the parts for you promptly you'll be all set.

My 650 had a small scrape on the front fender when it was delivered to me. The dealer had to pick it up from another dealership, and there was a slight mishap loading it into the truck. It took many weeks to get the replacement fender. One day I walked into the dealership and pressed the issue. I talked to the service manager, the parts manager & the sales manager. Well, they went hunting & came up with the fender. It had been in the back room for some time. Communications breakdown between the departments... Anyway, I rode away with the new fender installed. Just stay on top of them a bit to avoid a similar fiasco.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Congratulations, Ashley.

Now yer cookin' with gas! 8)

Steve

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Burgman 400 Ashley.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the Burgman World :!:

I took a look at your pics and I have to say that it looks pretty good without the front fender.

I am almost tempted to do the same to mine when its built :wink:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Ashley and welcome to the forums. Congrats on the new 400.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts