Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Guys & Gals well I finally did it after much soul searching but mostly because of all the great info I got here to help me move towards getting me a new Bergman 400 yesterday 7-27-2013 I picked it up & took my first drive on it & what a pleasant surprise it was, I must say it's as good as you all said & even better then I expected. I thought my 86 Helix was a wonder scooter to me but you really have not lived till you take your first ride on a Bergman which was very supprising since it was so smooth & comfortable especially on my back as it has lots of support. I went down the rode but only a few miles before I took it back to the dealer to ask them if their was something wrong with the speedometer as while riding I looked down to see it reading 80 mph and it just did not feel it could be accurate but they looked at me & said their is nothing wrong with it I was actually going that fast, well I can tell you it in no way felt I was going that fast it was so smooth & quite riding I am going to have to be careful till I get used to it to keep it in the speed limit. It has far exceeded my xpectations for a scooter. I have owned many Harleys in my 50 plus years of riding & they all felt that you were really moving at 80 mph with the noise & vibration & just your sensory perceptions tell you your going fast but my Bergman gave me no such warning till I looked at the speedo & it said 80 mph on it, I would have and in fact did think I was only going perhaps 45 or 50 but 80 just seemed unreal to me. Iam going to sell my Helix as I thought I'd need it for around town but now I know I won't be riding the Helix any more, so I must find it a nice home. Well everyone that was my first ride experience on my 2013 Bergman 400 or any Bergman but I hope there will be plenty more & yesI am smiling. I'll put pics of it up soon, I even had to write my Harley riding brothers & tell them how great it was & if they ever get a chance to ride a Bergman they will rearly if at all ever ride their Harley again as they will be ruined for life, I know I am a believer now in the Bergman. God
Bless & thank you for all the info here before & now in my mew purchase. :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rerunrj:

I am really glad you like it so much!

(I sure like mine)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hello Guys & Gals well I finally did it after much soul searching but mostly because of all the great info I got here to help me move towards getting me a new Bergman 400 yesterday 7-27-2013 I picked it up & took my first drive on it & what a pleasant surprise it was, I must say it's as good as you all said & even better then I expected. I thought my 86 Helix was a wonder scooter to me but you really have not lived till you take your first ride on a Bergman which was very supprising since it was so smooth & comfortable especially on my back as it has lots of support. I went down the rode but only a few miles before I took it back to the dealer to ask them if their was something wrong with the speedometer as while riding I looked down to see it reading 80 mph and it just did not feel it could be accurate but they looked at me & said their is nothing wrong with it I was actually going that fast, well I can tell you it in no way felt I was going that fast it was so smooth & quite riding I am going to have to be careful till I get used to it to keep it in the speed limit. It has far exceeded my xpectations for a scooter. I have owned many Harleys in my 50 plus years of riding & they all felt that you were really moving at 80 mph with the noise & vibration & just your sensory perceptions tell you your going fast but my Bergman gave me no such warning till I looked at the speedo & it said 80 mph on it, I would have and in fact did think I was only going perhaps 45 or 50 but 80 just seemed unreal to me. Iam going to sell my Helix as I thought I'd need it for around town but now I know I won't be riding the Helix any more, so I must find it a nice home. Well everyone that was my first ride experience on my 2013 Bergman 400 or any Bergman but I hope there will be plenty more & yesI am smiling. I'll put pics of it up soon, I even had to write my Harley riding brothers & tell them how great it was & if they ever get a chance to ride a Bergman they will rearly if at all ever ride their Harley again as they will be ruined for life, I know I am a believer now in the Bergman. God
Bless & thank you for all the info here before & now in my mew purchase. :D
Welcom the the BUSA forum and the world of...... B U R G M A N .......Get the spelling down right.........!!!!!!!!! LOL ;);)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I would have and in fact did think I was only going perhaps 45 or 50 but 80 just seemed unreal to me.
It's called Daboo's effect -- strong but not perceived acceleration, after the name of its discoverer. Luckily he didn't get into accident when discovering this :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
...reading 80 mph and it just did not feel it could be accurate but they looked at me & said their is nothing wrong with it I was actually going that fast, well I can tell you it in no way felt I was going that fast...
They weren't letting you in on the well-known issue of the Burgman speedometer being 10% optimistic :eek::rolleyes: From what others have said, some degree of speedo optimism is common among scooters and many motorcycles. At 80 mph indicated you were likely going 72 mph actual. Still, faster than you felt you were going :cool: You can check it with a GPS. You get used to doing some quick math as you ride which, at 10% is pretty easy to do. Ride safe and have many miles of smiles!:thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rerun - Glad to hear you made the purchase. I really hope to see some pics of this bad boy soon. What color did you get?

Stay safe and have fun riding!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only color it's a Matt type black or gray something I'll have to cheer it up with some color stickers or something. Sorry about spelling but I pads have a mind of their own sometimes. Happy cruising all,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts