Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Does the changes on the Burgman 650 in 2013+ Justify a new Sub-Forum?

• YES! There are enough changes that justify a new Sub-Forum.

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • NO! Too few changes. The bikes are basically the same.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
18,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is NOT restricted to just 650 owners but a 400 owner really has not much sway in this topic. Sorry. So please, limit it to 650 owners or if needed, future 650 owners.....

So should we make a new sub-forum for the Burgman 650's for the 2013 and up models? There are a few things different but does it justify a 'NEW' sub-forum all of its own?

When Suzuki made the 2007+ AN400, there were MAJOR changes and the bikes were not really the same.

But the changes to a AN650 in 2013+ are small in most cases. Over all they are the same bikes underneath.

Slight change to the clutch.
Slight change to the trunk.
Slight change to the Tupperware.
Slight change to the dash display.
Different windshields.
Different Parking brake location but still works the same.

But you can take a CVT from a 2002 AN650 and install it in a 2018 and it will work the same.
Same oil filters. Same JASO-MA2 oil requirements.
Same size tires.
Same gas requirements.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
So should we make a new sub-forum for the Burgman 650's for the 2013 and up models? There are a few things different but does it justify a 'NEW' sub-forum all of its own?

When Suzuki made the 2007+ AN400, there were MAJOR changes and the bikes were not really the same.

But the changes to a AN650 in 2013+ are small in most cases. Over all they are the same bikes underneath.

Slight change to the clutch.
Slight change to the trunk.
Slight change to the Tupperware.
Slight change to the dash display.
But you can take a CVT from a 2002 AN650 and install it in a 2018 and it will work the same.

Same oil filters.
Same size tires.
Yes some things are the same but there are many differences that need to be separated, no I did not keep a list:

example:

Different final gear lube plugs, '' 2002-2012 plugs do not fit on 2013+ '', Why do Chérie know ? Because now have new spare(s) that do no fit 2013+ but do fit 2002-2012.

Final gear lube plug hex key is different, 8 mm vs 10 mm .

CVT bolt different than most 2002 - 20102. 2013+ is longer and different part # installed on wrong model could possibly cause damage. Have spares of the 2002-2012 also.

Many many difference that need to be separated, reading many of the post I miss from 2017-2018 I can read this confusion.

This site is suppose to be about sharing with members current up to date information knowledge and support on older and NEWER product that is useful and already discovered, tried or experienced by fellow members.

The day will come when 2002 - 2012 on the used market will be depleted and exhausted and the transition to 2013+ will be forced upon everyone, the differences, knowledge, experience already discussed and supported in it's own section become invaluable.

Let's get this 2013+ division done ! :smile

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm indifferent at this point in time. I can agree with having a separate forum from the perspective that so many who post now DON'T identify which they actually have so when they ask a question the answer may be confusing to them unless they make it clear which model they are asking about. But I get the feeling that having a separate forum won't really stop many from posting a question in the wrong forum and end up with the same confusion.

:happy1: pass the refreshing beverages please.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in favor of the split. No one is stopped from reading/following both sub-fora, once split. I know I will.

...damocles

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, let's add this new forum.....Great Idea

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
The day will come when 2002 - 2012 on the used market will be depleted and exhausted and the transition to 2013+ will be forced upon everyone, the differences, knowledge, experience already discussed and supported in it's own section become invaluable.

LONG LIVE THE 2002-2012 B650 !

I will think about upgrading a year or two after St. LeDude.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
For what it's worth. There are likely enough changes to the 2017+ AN400's to warrant a new sub-forum.

Although the updated mechanics are similar to the pre-2017 AN400's, they are not the same as the previous generations and the design including the tupperware cladding are definitely different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts