Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just joined the group. We are located in Monte Vista, Colorado and bought the scooters to haul behind our 5th Wheel. We purchased two new 2013 Burgman 650's about two weeks ago. Just upgraded one with Givi top, center and side cases, OEM heated seat and grips, garmin 590lm, headlight and taillight flashers and a few other goodies. Will start dressing out the next one in the near future. Really like the look of the scooter when it's all dressed out with the cases.

I like to ride with my wife and my three year old daughter. She's got a little 50 yamaha, but sure loves to hop on back when daddy goes for a ride.

Always like to see what others are doing in this world.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, when you dive in, you don't mess about. Two new bikes and one fully trimmed! Congratulations! And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello all, just joined the group. We are located in Monte Vista, Colorado and bought the scooters to haul behind our 5th Wheel. We purchased two new 2013 Burgman 650's about two weeks ago. Just upgraded one with Givi top, center and side cases, OEM heated seat and grips, garmin 590lm, headlight and taillight flashers and a few other goodies. Will start dressing out the next one in the near future. Really like the look of the scooter when it's all dressed out with the cases.

I like to ride with my wife and my three year old daughter. She's got a little 50 yamaha, but sure loves to hop on back when daddy goes for a ride.

Always like to see what others are doing in this world.
So quick question. I also have a 2013 650. I'm assuming you have the Givi side case racks. Everyone I call says they don't have the side case racks (yet). Where did you find yours?

Thanks,

M

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered mine online from compitition accessories (www.compacc.com). There are a few things to know. You HAVE to order the top case mounts to use the side mounts. I don't know about the comparability with other companies top brackets. There is a bracket that bolts to the top front bolt and then runs out to each side of the bike that both the right and left side brackets bolt too. The right side case bracket bolts to the exhaust mount, then under the passenger hold handle and to this cross bracket. The left side has a special bracket that mounts under a module in the wheel well area that bolts to the case bracket, then under the passenger hold handle and then to the upper cross bracket. I can post pictures if you need it. If you have the back rests, you need to remove it, along with the top bracket and cover. They have a special cover kit that covers over this area to dress it up. You can order a factory part in the color of your bike, but you will have to drill it out with three holes. I ordered the givi replacement which is made out of a medium density plastic in a color of black which matched the bikes black trim. The kit was easy to install. I ordered the following:
V47NN - Givi Monokey V47 Hard Cases V47 Carbon Lid - Red Lenses
E135 1 - Givi Monokey V47 Hard Case Accessories And Spare Parts Stoplight Kit Stoplight Kit
E22N 1 - Givi Monokey E22 Monokey Side Cases Matte Black Matte Black
PL3104 - Givi Side Case Mounting Hardwares - Suzuki Burgman 650 (13-14) Tubular Pannier For Monokey Boxes
SR3104 - Givi Top Case Mounting Hardwares - Suzuki Burgman 650 (13-14) Special Rack for Monokey
SR3104KIT - Givi Top Case Mounting Hardwares - Suzuki Burgman 650 (13-14) Specific Kit to Install Special Rack
XS318 - Givi XS318 XStream Range 25 Liter Tunnel Seat Bag Black
E134S - GIVI V47 SOFT BACKREST PA

The company doesn't carry the items in stock, so it took about two weeks to get it in. Then once it arrived you can install everything in about 2 hours. The brake light kit is for the brake light only. No running or turn. There is another company that has a light kit that offers all three. I never looked at how they wire the aftermarket unit threw the box. Givi gives you the parts which allows the case to be removed with a push of a button. The lighting kit only uses the top red areas of this case. The lower area of red is left alone. I removed mine and put in reflective tape under it and reinstalled the red cover so it reflects. I don't know why givi doesn't do this from the factory. I also ordered a SDC - BACK OFF WIG WAG BRAKE LIGHT MODULATOR off of amazon. I mounted it in the top case so when the brake light is applied the right and left top case lights wig wag. It only wig wags the case lights only and the original bikes brake lights remain constant. It seams to get peoples attention so I'm glad I did it. I also installed a ram cup mount and bracket so my daughter can bring a drink with her when we ride. It mounted right to the givi cross bracket.

The givi parts seam to be well made and installed without any issues. I wish there was more info on the net, but it looks like not a lot of people have done this upgrade. I really like the storage and plan to do the upgrade on my wife's bike. Again let me know and I can try to answer any questions or post pictures.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had found all the parts on compacc.cmo, but the site said pretty much everything was out of stock. Two weeks isn't bad if they are actually shipping from another location (I'm assuming Italy since that's where they are manufactured).

The pre-13 bikes are pretty well solved out for side cases (KiwiDave and a company called Fehling makes side case brackets for them). The rear-end configuration of the 2013 and 14 model is different from the 2001-12 models, so KiwiDave and Fehling's mounts don't work for our bikes. I'll check with compacc to see how long they think it will take to get me some cases and mounts shipped out (site still says out of stock on what I want).

Thanks again!

M

·
Registered
83 Posts
Greetings:
I rode by your town last year - just riding no specific destination. I live mostly in Questa because of the temperature and the senic beauty, but also spend some of my time in Alburquerque (notice the spelling is the original, named after el Duke de Alburquerque en espana. Sorry too much history.
Welcome to the club and dress for the fall not to impress.
Bueno bye,
Francisco

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I ordered Givi racks and cases from Compacc.com on Wednesday. They say I will have them Tuesday. Pretty good turnaround if they show up that fast. I ordered the side case racks, the top case rack and kit, the E22N side cases, and an E55 Maxia 3 top case. Got the deluxe Maxia top case with stop light kit and liner bag included. Also ordered the passenger back pad for the top case (that's the one thing they had to back order). Shipping was included and they discount everything approximately 10-15%.

Hopefully everything shows up Tuesday and I will have a nice little project for Friday morning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good luck with the new toys. Post some pictures when you get it done. I'm planning on ordering the givi parts for my second bike tomorrow. Love having all the storage. Although I could use more space. Were hoping to make a trip this fall to California so all the space we can get, the better.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome, so how are you hauling them with your 5th wheel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I bought a trailer that bolts to the back of your fifth wheel called the idaho tote. It has a steer axle and it becomes a part of the trailer vs an additional trailer. It allows you to remain in the single trailer category vs being a double which some states don't allow. Kinda turns your 5th wheel into a toy hauler.

http://idahotote.com

I bolted some condor removable cycle mounts to the floor so you can drive the bike up and lock the front wheel into the mount. Once you strap the front and rear tires the bike holds down. You can remove them and then park your atvs on the trailer.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That Idaho Tote is COOL!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on the new purchases! Would be interested in seeing some pictures of your decked out one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will try to do that today. I was trying to figure out how to post pictures last night. Finally got it figured out. I will shoot some pictures of the bike today. Ordered all the parts for the other bike last week. Should have them both set up in the next week or two. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts