Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago I had a Suzuki GS450E that I sort of Liked except for a few comfort features that the Burgman seems to have solved. I am 53 and decided to get the Burgman shortly after I first saw one on the internet. There are a couple of things about the scooter that I am having a hard time getting use to. One is the Throttle. When it is released it acts like a brake slowing the scooter down, and the other problem I have is my head sticks up high enough to catch the wind off of the wind shield causing quite a bit of wind noise. Other than that the bike is great and I have added a Throttlmeister to it to hold the throttle open while I give my right arm and hand rest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello from New Mexico

New 650 owner. Also own a 93 goldwing and a 2000 SV650. The scooter is for my wife but I am driving it mostly for now. She is in learning stage

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Hi there rivetts and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you need to read up in the aftermarkets thread in regards to windscreens. Clearview or Givi.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Hi rivetts,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. The engine braking is very useful once you get used to it. Try rolling the throttle up and down, keeping it partially open - you can easily modulate the amount of engine braking that way.

I've gone the big windscreen route. You can get more comfort and eliminate the wind noise that way, but it will probably cost you some mileage, and possibly some performance at higher speeds. The other option is to keep the small screen, and find a quieter helmet - or wear earplugs. I recently re-installed the small screen and am working on that second approach.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a lot or reading to catch up on. I don't understand the rolling of the throttle? I wish I had a clutch. I do remember on some slow sharp turns I would coast into them. With the Burgman you always have power to the rear wheel. The Throttlemeister works pretty good when I'm cruising. It allows me to take my right arm off and shake it out since it does go to sleep on me about 10 miles into a ride.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The Throttlmeister is a nice addition to any bike as far as wishing for a clutch I have over 4000 miles on my Burgman and I still miss the slow speed control of a clutch, the good news is I am getting use to it ---just takes time--- :)
Yes it sounds like you are a candidate for a Givi or Clearview windshield 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts