Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Kearney NE and purchased a 2011 model with 1727 miles on Tuesday. Been stored indoors and out of the light of day with temp. controlled. Long way of saying the bike and tires look great. I'll change all three fluids and put in a new battery and start riding. Still have my 2015 Yamaha Super Tenere but if I end up loving scoot'n I will probably buy a lighter off road bike. At 69 that would be wise. At 6'7" I have risen mostly adventure bikes. I got lucky and located a used long Corbin seat that will get here next week I hope.

If someone has knowledge of bar risers and what that entails I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,142 Posts
Welcome Mate,

6’7’’ you might pull the back rest and get you a little more leg room. Lift the seat and find the lever and squeeze it and slide the back rest completely out.

Sorry I can’t help with the bar risers but this should help with everything else:

·
Registered
96 Posts

I have something very similar to this. Required no modifications to cables and seems to help.
good luck!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome @2talltoo
It is very possible that with the Corbin seat you just might find the Burgman is a fine road bike. I have a Corbin seat on mine and it is great for LD. But OFF road... yeah, you'll want something very different and lighter.

Say, maybe even get a trailer hitch put on that Burgman and pull the dirt bike on a trailer behind the Burgman to get to where you want to ride! 😁

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be a show in itself, but be careful what you suggest, you never know.....

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I've seen all kinds of things pulled by bike. I think there is still even a Gold Wing that is configured as a car tow "truck" that can get to the scene of a crash in high traffic highways by lane splitting (filtering) to get it cleared faster than any regular tow truck. At least I read about one made in Italy (I think) many years ago.
http://www.goldwingworld.com/pages/retriever.pdf

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I get mine to run I'll meet up for coffee someday. I hope you grow to love your new scoot, I'm a little estranged from mine so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey 2tall, if you need, my Burgie came with a full shop manual. You're welcome to borrow it, if you need. Let me know. Ken (sk8fstr)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts