Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got my new Burgman 650 from Aurora Suzuki in Seattle. Randy gave me a great deal and a free helmet. Now I am up on Vancouver Island , BC for the summer. It's been two weeks and I have to take it in for the 600 mile service. I've been thoroughly emjoying the backroads of the mid-island. Plan to ride to the West Coast and to Port Hardy this summer. Also easy to catch a ferry to saltspring island for a day of exploring. Anyone else up in this area? I want to get a hard case with a built in backrest - any suggestions?
Roger
Rocand

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome, Roger!

I'm in the Seattle area (Eastside). Will you be returning here after summer's over? There are several members in BC and at least one in Vancouver (with a 400 Type S like mine). You should be able to get together with a few people up there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Roger and welcome to Vancouver Island. There are a fair number of 400’s & 650’s on the Island and a number of the owners are BUSA members. There are at least three 650 Executives on the Island, 1 in Victoria, 1 in Campbell River and mine here in Nanaimo.

There are great places to ride and usually someone that wants to go for a ride.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Roger. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the new Burgman 650.

For a topcase, the most commonly purchased one is the Givi. A few forum members have gone with the less expensive option of the VIP case that can be found on eBay. The Givi, besides be a higher quality case, also is removable.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Roger, the guys I ride with have all installed the Givi E 52 Maxia http://www.giviusa.com/index.cfm?fuseac ... d=maxiae50 If you order the black case the brake lights are included. I ordered the black case with the liner and the topcase rack. When you remove the topcase it has a luggage handle to carry the topcase.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Roger,

Welcome to BurgmanUSA. The riding on Vancouver Island is great - so many places to see and a variety of terrain. Just wish the weather would improve this summer! :?

There is a good group of BUSA members on VI, especially around the Nanaimo area, that like to ride all the time (retired folks can do that :) ) There are quite a few Burgman's in Victoria, but the only BUSA members that I'm aware of are SIMON (AN-400) & myself (& we are not retired :( ).

If you really enjoy photography, you should meet up with Alburg in Nanaimo. He's a good photographer and also retired. He has his pretty blue 2005 AN-650 Executive all decked out with a radar detector, GPS, pop can holder, soft saddle bags, a GIVI top box & of course, a Corbin seat.

My bike doesn't have any of that stuff yet, but I did order a GIVI E-52 Maxia top box last weekend in Nanaimo while visiting Alburg. Hope to have it installed this weekend - if Harbour City Motorcycles can find the mounting plate in time. :)

Hope to meet you face to face sometime in the near future.

Cheers! 8)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts