Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all. I am a new 400 owner wintering in the Hill Country of Texas. Other home is in St. Louis, MO area.

Just bought a new 2012 400. I currently have a 2005 Honda Reflex back in MO that I will be selling when we return in March.

Always wanted a 400. Finally decided to "pill the trigger".

Jim

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome from the sunny shores of Los Angeles, CA. BUSA has lots of great info and lots of great folks.

You will enjoy the 400 immensely. It is a phenomenal machine!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome from Tampa, FL Jim! You'll love that 400 and she'll serve you well for years. Glad to have you among us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome Jim..........You'll find quite a few on this site from Texas so you should feel right at home.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You have Chosen Wisely, The Burgman 400 Is a Traveler, Are Member MicBergsma,
and other Members, Has Done Miles of riding From State To State If you can ride To other States This is the Scooter For you. Since you have the Latest Scooter So there aren't Much Problems you have to Worry about, Wellcome...
http://www.youtube.com/user/micbergsma

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So, are you planning on riding your new Burgman back and forth between summer and winter locations? If not, you might want to consider keeping the Honda to get around St. Louis with and the Burgman for the Hill Country. One less thing to transport. Oh, and congratulations on your new bike. It should be a keeper for sure.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Doug in KY, I'm looking for the best way to take the bike back with me. We are in a motorhome so a hitch carrier may be the best approach. I don't really need two bikes.

Jim

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's only 11 hours - you could ride her home!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome from a 2011 400 owner from the Commonwealth of Virginia! You will love that 400! I have had many bikes and my first scooter was a SYM RV250 (which I still have). After hearing so much about the Burgmans, I knew that when I came across the right one, it would be mine. Happened a few months ago and I couldn't be more happy! I've ridden it into the mountains and down to the beach and on lots of good old back country roads. Beautiful riding and performing bike. Gets lots of attention! Anyway, welcome and keept it between the ditches!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from a 2011 400 owner from the Commonwealth of Virginia! You will love that 400! I have had many bikes and my first scooter was a SYM RV250 (which I still have). After hearing so much about the Burgmans, I knew that when I came across the right one, it would be mine. Happened a few months ago and I couldn't be more happy! I've ridden it into the mountains and down to the beach and on lots of good old back country roads. Beautiful riding and performing bike. Gets lots of attention! Anyway, welcome and keept it between the ditches!
tinstar,

I just moved back to St. Louis from Frederick, Md when i retired. i know your area well. It's beautiful.

Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Probably I'm the more farthest registered in this amazing forum.

I'm in Rome, Italy, but this doesn't prevent me to tell you WELCOME.

I know that my english isn't perfect, but for me it's very important...be here

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Believe me, I thought of that but my bride of 30 years doesn't drive the motorhome. :)
So you get stuck driving the motorhome while your bride gets to ride the Burgman? Now THAT is TRUE love!

Your English is great BigBear and I'm glad you found us. But this is a pretty international forum - big contingents from Europe, Asia, and South America here too - despite the name, we're from everywhere!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

You know english much better that I know Italian as I found in the late 70's in Italy. Ended up in the women's restroom (WC to you all in Europe) as there was not international signs in the movie theater I was at. Quite embarrassing for me, the women thought it was funny.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

1 - 16 of 16 Posts